The Global Wellness Summit invites applications for the Shark Tank of Wellness Student Global Competition in 2020.
The Global Wellness Summit is an international organization based in the US that brings together leaders and visionaries to positively impact and shape the future of the global wellness industry. The 2020 Summit will take place on November 10–13 in Tel Aviv, Israel.
The “Shark Tank of Wellness” student competition is a unique global challenge that rewards students for their most innovative, impactful ideas for the wellness industry. The wellness industry is currently valued at over $4.2 trillion, thus providing ample opportunity for students with great ideas!
In the Summit, they will pitch their business idea to the attending Summit delegates—a “who’s who” in the global wellness world. Several business leaders will act as “Wellness Sharks” and ask questions of the students, who will defend their innovation and make a business case for its feasibility. The first, second and third place winners will then be announced on stage during the Global Wellness Summit.
Worth of Award
- First Prize: One (1) first prize winner will receive USD $5,000.
- Second Prize: One (1) second prize winner will receive USD $3,000.
- Third Prize: One (1) third prize winner will receive USD $2,000.
- The total value of all prizes is USD $10,000.
- Three finalists will be flown, along with their professors, to the annual Global Wellness Summit (GWS) being held November 10–13 in Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Also included is access to the three-day Summit (a $4,560 value), including all general sessions, breakout discussions and industry forums, featuring global industry leaders. A myriad of social events and a final evening gala is included. This is a priceless opportunity to meet and learn from global visionaries.
- They define the wellness industry broadly and are looking for innovations in sectors as varied as architecture/design, beauty, education, fitness, hospitality, investment, medicine, nutrition, real estate, spa, technology, travel, tourism and more.
- The competition is open to both individual students and teams of students over the age of 18 from anywhere in the world.
- There is no entry fee. Note: If participating as a team and the team is chosen as one of the top three finalists, only the team leader will be eligible to attend the Global Wellness Summit with their professor.
- The participant(s) must be an undergraduate student (working toward a one- or two-year diploma, a four-year Bachelor’s degree, or a Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification) or a graduate/postgraduate student(working toward a Master’s, MBA, JD, MD or PhD degree) in a university or college of distinction at the time they develop and submit their concept.
- The contestant(s) must be either a full-time or part-time student at the university or college.
- The contestant(s) must have a professor or faculty advisor who serves as a mentor for their project.
- All contestants must be available to attend the Global Wellness Summit, November 10–13, 2020, in Tel Aviv, Israel, to present their idea in person.
How to Apply
- Register for the contest online: Anyone interested in participating in the competition must register by completing the Entry Form. Only registered contestants will receive the necessary information to complete the submission process.
- Submit a Concept Submission Form AND Video Link no later than the deadline. The information necessary to submit these items will only be sent to those who register for the competition.
- The Concept Submission Form consists of several questions regarding the wellness idea and its viability.
- The video should include a presentation of the wellness idea, focusing on why innovation could positively impact the wellness industry.
- The video must be one to two minutes in length; any videos outside this length will be disqualified.
- Videos must be uploaded to a public platform, such as YouTube, Vimeo or Dailymotion. The video must contain only original work and not be subject to any copyright restrictions.
- All entries become the property of the Global Wellness Summit, which retains the right to publish the entries in all media formats, including but not limited to print, digital and broadcast. Entry creators and the GWS will be acknowledged in all published versions.
Deadline: May 31, 2020 (11:59 p.m. US Eastern Time): Competition closes. All submissions, both the Concept Submission Form and video, must be submitted by this time. Late submissions will not be accepted.