Seoul National University in South Korea is currently offering the Silk-Road Scholarship for international enrolling in the University in the 2019 fall semester.
Seoul National University honours the ideals of liberal education and aims to teach students a lifelong love of learning that will form the basis for continuous personal growth.
At the same time, it is committed to preparing students to work and live in an increasingly competitive global environment. As South Korea’s first national university, Seoul National University has a tradition of standing up for democracy and peace on the Korean peninsula.
Worth of Award
- Tuition fee: full tuition fee exemption for a maximum of 4 semesters
- Living expenses: maximum of 600,000 KRW per month for 4 semesters
- Airfare: maximum of 1 million KRW for one economy round trip
- Korean language training fee: fee exemption at the Language Education Institute
- Applicants from the countries in the ‘Silk-Road’ area who want to study humanities or social sciences, including Korean language, history, culture, politics, and economics
- According to Wikipedia, The Silk Road was an ancient network of trade routes that connected the East and West. It was central to cultural interaction between the regions for many centuries.The Silk Road primarily refers to the terrestrial routes connecting East Asia and Southeast Asia with East Africa, West Asia and Southern Europe.
How to Apply
- Applicants should submit an admission application to SNU’s Office of Admissions
- Applicants should submit a scholarship application to SNU’s Office of International Affairs
- Selection made by respective Colleges/Schools based on the admission documents.
Contact: SNU staff in charge: 82-2-880-2519, [email protected]
Deadline: Applications close March 7, 2019.