The Niels Bohr International Academy and DARK, Niels Bohr Institute, Faculty of Science is inviting applications for a PhD scholarship in Particle Astrophysics at the University of Copenhagen in Denmark 2021.
The AstroNu group is based at the Niels Bohr Institut, University of Copenhagen. The Niels Bohr International Academy is a young initiative committed to fostering the traditions of internationalism, interdisciplinarity, and excellence in physics, which characterize the Niels Bohr Institute. It functions as a primary centre for fundamental research including theoretical and computational astrophysics, cosmology, high energy particle physics, particle astrophysics, condensed matter physics, quantum optics, and biophysics.
- To manage and carry through your research project
- Attend PhD courses
- Write scientific articles and your PhD thesis
- Teach and disseminate your research
- To stay at an external research institution for a few months, preferably abroad
- Work for the department
Worth of Award
- The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
- Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
- The starting salary is currently at a minimum DKK 322,642 (approx. €43,015) including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 44,567). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
- Applicants should hold an MSc degree in Physics or Astrophysics with outstanding results and good English skills.
- As criteria for the assessment of your qualifications emphasis will also be laid on previous publications (if any) and relevant work experience.
How to Apply
- Cover Letter, stating which PhD project you are applying for and detailing your motivation and background for applying for the specific PhD project.
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- Acceptance Letter for the relevant MSc Programme at SCIENCE, if any
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any),
- Full contact details (Name, address, telephone & email) of 1-3 professional referees