Thailand is a beautiful country in Asia that offers the opportunity to explore an array of rich eco-systems, endless adventures, great hospitality, pleasant tropical climate, boost your resume with a study abroad experience, expand your worldview and forge lasting relationships.
As an international student, you need a Visa to gain entry into Thailand and we’re more than delighted to help simplify this process for you. To get a Thailand Student Visa for Nigerians, follow these simple steps:
Thai Visa for Nigerian Nationals (Application in person only)
1. For a Nigerian whose residence is in Nigeria, application for a visa shall be made at the Royal Thai Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria ONLY, with a requirement of Clearance Certificate issued by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (N.D.L.E.A) in Nigeria.
2. For Nigerians whose residence is in countries where no Thai Embassy/Consulate-General is situated, applications for a visa shall be made at the Royal Thai Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria, in person with the requirement of Clearance Certificate issued by N.D.L.E.A in Nigeria.
3. For a Nigerian whose residence is in foreign countries where a Thai Embassy is situated or accredited to, application for a visa shall be made in person at the Embassy in that country with the requirement of Clearance Certificate issued by N.D.L.E.A in Nigeria.
4. For Nigerian students studying in a country where a Thai Embassy is situated, application for a visa shall be made at the Embassy or in that country with the requirement of Clearance Certificate issued by N.D.L.E.A in Nigeria, provided that the following conditions are met:
- Studying in the country.
- Residing in the country where the applicant studying isn’t leaving that country for a certain period of one year at the minimum.
- Holding a re-entry visa to that country.
- Wishing to travel to Thailand for educational purposes only.
5. For a Nigerian holding a diplomatic/official passport, application for a visa shall be made at any Thai Embassy in any country of the applicant’s convenience.
For a Nigerian whose residence is in the United Kingdom and Ireland with re-entry visa for studying, working or residing (on spouse, marriage visa), application for a visa shall be made at the Royal Thai Embassy in London with requirement Clearance Certificate issued by N.D.L.E.A in Nigeria.
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months.
- Three (3) visa application forms.
- Three (3) recent photos of the applicant.
- Clearance Certificate by NDLEA (National Drug Law Enforcement Agency) in Nigeria, certified by Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and legalized by Royal Thai Embassy Abuja, Nigeria.
- A confirmed return air ticket/flight information (these can be flight details showing departure date, flight number from UK-Thailand and Thailand-UK.) You must show all routes if there are stops in between. Your application will not be considered if you do not have return flight details.
- Address in Thailand/Hotel Reservation should be completed on the application forms.
- Letter from school/employer/self-assessment.
If you are working, you are required to submit a letter from your employer. The letter should have the headed paper of the Company stating your current position addressed to the Royal Thai Embassy London, to certify your working status. If you are self-employed, you should submit a copy of your self-assessment paper, a copy of the company registration document or any other type of document confirming your working status.
If you are a student, you should submit the letter from the school/University addressed to the Royal Thai Embassy confirming your status.
- Bank statement in the UK current account (3 months).
- A photocopy of current passport/travel document.
- A photocopy of UK visa or indefinite leave to remain (prove with original).
In addition, the applicant needs to provide the following:
- For working or business purposes: Letter from employer/company in Thailand.
- For studying or educational purposes: Letter of acceptance from an educational institute in Thailand as an example.
For more information, contact the Royal Thai Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria at [email protected]