The University of Sussex in the UK is offering the Article 26 Scholarship for qualified international students commencing Undergraduate Studies in 2021.
This undergraduate scholarship supports forced migrant students in UK higher education. It is offered to an asylum seeker or applicant granted a temporary form of leave, to provide financial assistance in order to enable them to take up a place on an undergraduate degree at the University of Sussex.
Worth of Award
Full overseas tuition fee waiver plus £11,500 maintenance per year of study.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must have been offered a place on an undergraduate degree at the University of Sussex. You must also:
- Be an asylum-seeker; or
- Have been granted a temporary form of leave to remain as a result of an asylum application (e.g. limited leave to remain, humanitarian protection); or
- Be a partner/child of an asylum seeker or an unaccompanied asylum-seeking child; and
- Have a household income of under £25,000
How to Apply
- Please complete the scholarship application form after you have applied to study an undergraduate course at the University of Sussex.
- As part of your application you will be required to submit a personal statement, which will be assessed on the following:
- Your personal circumstances and family’s history, particularly the circumstances that created obstacles that you have overcome to study at Sussex. You do not need to give details of events that lead to your seeking asylum unless you wish to do so.
- Why you chose to apply to study at the University of Sussex
- Your career ambitions after university
You will need to upload the following information with your application form as proof of eligibility; we cannot consider your application without this information:
- Copies of documentation confirming your visa or asylum (letter or Bio-metric Residence Permit Card)
- Proof of your household income e.g. P60, payslips, benefit notification letters, self-employed accounts etc.)
Deadline: Applications close on April 25, 2021.