The Coimbra Group Universities is inviting applications for the Scholarship Programme for Young Researchers from European Neighbouring Countries for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Coimbra Group Universities have been providing, since 1999, young researchers from the European Neighbourhood with the opportunity to spend a short stay at a Coimbra Group University to carry out part of their research work.
Universities of the Coimbra Group offer short-term visits to young researchers from higher education institutions from countries in the European Neighbourhood. The main aim of this scholarship programme is to enable scholars to undertake research in which they are engaged in their home institution and to help them to establish academic and research contacts. The scholarships are financially supported by the Coimbra Group member universities participating in this programme, while the Coimbra Group-Office is in charge of the administrative management of the applications
Worth of Award
- Successful candidates will have access to excellent academic knowledge in quality facilities. The scholarships include financial support for tuition, living costs, airfares etc.
- The worth of award depends on the university.
Applicants must fulfil all the following criteria:
• be born on or after 1 January 1984
• be nationals of and current residents in one of the above-listed countries
• be current academic staff members of a university or an equivalent higher education institution located in one of the above-listed countries and be of postdoctoral or equivalent status, although some institutions may offer opportunities to doctoral students
How to Apply
- Candidates may apply for one university only. Multiple applications will not be considered valid.
- Applicants will be able to fill in the online registration
- Applicants are not expected to provide any documents at this stage, although they may be requested to do so by the university they have applied for at a later stage.
- Candidates must indicate the name and contact details of an academic supervisor at the host university and provide proof of acceptance (a letter or e-mail) by this supervisor where it is clearly stated that he/she is willing to supervise the work of the candidate during the research stay at the Coimbra Group University.
- This letter should be uploaded on the application form. Applications which do not fulfil this requirement will not be considered.
- When submitting an application for a Coimbra Group scholarship, the candidate agrees to allow the Coimbra Group to use their data (name, surname, academic information) for dissemination purposes in connection with the Coimbra Group scholarships.
Deadline: Applicants will be able to fill in the online registration until March, 31, 2020 midnight (Brussels time).