University of Leicester Department of Sociology opens its doors for applications from prospective candidates for the offer of a two part-fee bursaries for September 2013 entry to one of its full-time campus based Masters Degree programmes.
Worth of Awards
The bursaries are open to new UK/EU applicants and are worth £1,000 payable as a reduction of the course fee. Applicants must be able to commence their studies in September 2013.
Masters Degrees in Sociology
The Department of Sociology’s campus-based taught Masters courses are designed to develop your social research skills and your understanding of key sociological issues and debates, enabling you to move into a variety of careers as well as providing opportunities for further academic research.
These bursaries are available for entry to one of the following Masters degree programmes:
- MA Contemporary Sociology
- MSc Social Research
The busaries are not available for entry to the MA Civil Society.
- Applicants must have a first-class or upper second-class undergraduate degree (or an equivalent qualification) in a relevant subject.
- International applicants can read more about the English language entry requirements.
How to Apply
- All applications for a place on one of the Masters degrees listed above that are received by 30 April 2013 (including those that have already been submitted) will be considered for these bursaries.
- There is no need to submit a separate application for these bursaries.
- The bursaries will be awarded on the basis of academic quality and potential.
- To apply, please use the links below and use the Apply Now Online options.
For further details, please visit the Department’s website or contact the Department’s Postgraduate Secretary – email [email protected]
IMPORTANT – In the Fees and Financial Support section of the application, you must state that you wish to be considered for the “September 2013 Sociology Masters Degree Part-Fee Bursaries”
Deadline: closing date is 30 April 2013
For more information, please click here