National Central University, NCU, in Taiwan is offering scholarships to International Students in the 2019/20 session.
The University, in an effort to promote international academic research and to enhance international competitiveness, has formulated this scholarship. Sources of scholarship are as follows: the University endowment fund, subsidy from Taiwan Government and donations from legal foundations, enterprise and privates, etc.
National Central University, NCU, is located in Jhongli, Taoyuan, Taiwan and it has become a home to more than 12,000 students. Currently, NCU has 8 colleges, 22 undergraduate programs and 50 graduate programs. NCU is also one of the members of the University System of Taiwan (UST), sharing resources with National Tsing Hua University, National Chiao Tung University, and National Yang-Ming University.
Worth of Award
- The value of the scholarship is decided by the committee according to the applicant’s academic
- Bachelor students: Monthly stipend: Up to NT$9,000 per month (approximately US$300 per month)
- Master’s students: Monthly stipend: Up to NT$15,000 per month
(approximately US$470 per month)
Or waivers of tuition and credit fees
- Doctoral students: Monthly stipend: Up to NT$51,000 per month
(approximately US$1,700 per month) Or waivers of tuition and credit fees.
- National Central University (NCU) welcomes students with a range of qualifications from all over the world.
- Eligibility requirements vary according to the program of study; therefore, it is important for you to make sure that you are eligible to apply for the university as an International Student.
- The application eligibility is based on “MOE Regulation Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan.” If the MOE (Ministry of Education) Regulations were revised, the most updated MOE Regulations shall prevail.
- Academic Program: Please check if the departments/institutes that you intend to apply are open to international students.
- Each applicant can only apply for 3 departments/institutes. Duplicated applicants may be regarded as disqualified. Regarding the length of study in NCU, the undergraduate program requires 4 years of study and it may be extended to 6 years. The Master program requires 1 to 4 years and the PhD program requires 2 to 7 years. Students who enroll master program or PhD program are required to complete thesis/dissertation.
- Applicants who have graduated from a high school, college or university recognized by the Ministry of Education – Taiwan can apply for admissions.
- International students with a high school diploma are eligible to apply for undergraduate studies at NCU; students with a bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply for Master’s programs; students with a Master’s degree are eligible to apply for PhD programs.
- Applicants with equivalent qualifications to that of their academic degree system can apply for admission.
- Applicants are not dismissed from university/college after admission due to behaviour issues, poor academic performance or a conviction under the Criminal Law.
How to Apply
- Before the application deadline, please fill out the online application form, upload all the required documents and additional documents required by department/Institutes to NCU Application System for International Degree Students and submit.
- Applicants do not need to pay any application fee to the university.
Deadline: Application deadline is March 15th, 2020. The application must be uploaded to the online application website. Applications received after the deadline will NOT be accepted.