Applications are invited from students for a graduate degree course scholarship at Westminster University in London for the 2013/14 academic year. The CASTME Scholarship is an annual award to study a Masters degree at the University of Westminster in London There is one general scholarship i.e. students from any Commonwealth country may apply and three others for students from India, Mauritius and Antigua.
Worth of Awards
- The scholarship consists of payment of Tuition fees at the University of Westminster,
- visa costs,
- an arrivals allowance, (for suitable clothing)
- a book allowance and
- a living allowance of 400 per month, consisting of 250 cash and 150 food allowance.
- The value of this award is c. 25,000.Eligibility
- The successful candidate will need to demonstrate how the skills and knowledge they will gain from the course will further CASTME’s aims
(www.castme.org.uk ) and the millennium development goals http://www.un.org/millenniumgoals/
- In particular the candidates will need to show how this award will enable them to enhance the teaching of Science, Technology or Mathematics
in their home country.
- Candidates must be nationals of a developing commonwealth country.
- The successful candidate will be required to return home immediately on completion of their degree. They will be expected to be active members
of CASTME in their home country.
- Further criteria for the award are, academic excellence (candidates should hold a minimum of an upper second class honours degree, or equivalent)
and financial need.
How to Apply
- All applicants for this award must first be holding the offer of a place (conditional or unconditional) on a Masters programme at the University of Westminster. More details on this scholarship and how to apply for it could be found on the University of Westminster’s website )
- Your referee for the application should be a person of standing who is able to comment on your financial status.
Deadline: The deadline for applications to be received is 31st May of the year in which you wish to study.
Click here for more details