National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) in Taiwan is invites applications for the International Student Scholarship awarded to degree-seeking international students and currently enrolled international students with outstanding academic and research performance.
Please note that the NTHU Center for Continuing Education/scholarship committees reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship if students are subsequently found to be ineligible or if these terms and conditions are not adhered to.
The scholarship award is for one academic school year (Spring scholarship recipients are eligible to receive scholarship from February to January of the following year; Fall scholarship recipients are eligible to receive scholarship from September to August of the following year), and limited to the period during which the recipient is actually enrolled. This is a non-renewable scholarship, and the applicant should apply for the scholarship each year.
The National Tsing Hua University reserves the right to amend its scholarship provision without notice.
Worth of Award
Full Scholarship (Type A): Tuition Waiver + Monthly Stipend
- Doctoral student: Tuition fee and credit fee waiver, and monthly stipend of 10,000 NTD
- Master student: Tuition fee and credit fee waiver, and monthly stipend of 5,000 NTD
- Undergraduate student: Tuition fee waiver, and monthly stipend of 5,000 NTD
Tuition Waiver (Type B): Tuition Waiver
- Doctoral student: Tuition fee and credit fee waiver
- Master student: Tuition fee and credit fee waiver
- Undergraduate student: Tuition fee waiver
- Only the applicants who apply for admission according to the Ministry of Education “Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan” are eligible to apply for the scholarship. Priority is given to the applicants of masters and doctorate programs.
- Students who pay international student tuition and fees are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- First-time scholarship recipients must complete one year of Chinese language courses for four credits (or 72 hours) during the award period. Students major in Chinese Literature at NTHU, or who have completed at least 72 hours of Chinese language coursework in Taiwan and can provide a certificate of course completion, are exempt from this requirement.
- Scholarship recipients who are not able to meet the above Chinese language requirement will not be eligible to apply for this scholarship again.
- Government scholarship recipients cannot receive this scholarship at the same time.
- Students with working visa or ARC based on working permit are not eligible for this scholarship.
How to Apply
- For prospective students, please complete the NTHU International Student Online Application first.
- In the NTHU International Student Online Application System, under “personal information” section, you will see “scholarship application.”
- Please check the box “Apply for NTHU International Student Scholarship” to apply for the scholarship.
- The applicant should complete the application form together with a transcript for all the previous coursework, recommendation letters from an advising professor or a faculty advisor and other requirements. Then submit these materials to the Division of Continuing Education for processing.
- The departments/institutes and colleges will evaluate the applicants based on their grade point average, academic and research performances.
- Scholarship awards are determined according to the annual fund, and the list of recipients is finalized at a meeting convened by the Vice President for Academic Affairs and with the
participation of the Vice President for Global Affairs, the Vice President for Student Affairs, the representative of each college and Tsing Hua college.
Deadline: Fall Semester Application Period
Undergraduate Admission: November 15 – February 15, 2019, 17:00pm (Taiwan Time)
Graduate Admission: January 1 – March 15, 2019, 17:00pm (Taiwan Time)