The National Chengchi University (NCCU) in collaboration with the office of International Cooperation(OIC) is inviting applications for the New International Student Scholarship in Taiwan, for the 2019/2020 academic session.
These scholarships are assigned to the students proposed by the selection committee during the admission process and are only awarded once at the beginning of your studies. Those students with the most outstanding trajectory will be selected.
Internationalization has been one of the endeavors of National Chengchi University (NCCU). As a result, the Center of International Education and Exchange (IEE) was established in 2004, which later became the Office of International Cooperation (OIC). Under the leadership of the first director of the Center, Dr. Yeh-Yun Lin, numerous goals were set, which included increasing the quantity and quality of English-taught courses and programs at NCCU, creating an international learning environment, and expanding international student and faculty exchange.
Worth of Award
- This Scholarship shall be awarded in the following amounts for each academic level:
- NT$ 60,000 for students at the undergraduate level,
- NT$ 80,000 for students at the master’s level, and
- NT$ 100,000 for students at the doctoral level.
- The number of scholarships awarded shall be determined by the amount of NCCU funding available for that year.
- Award recipients shall receive the scholarship award by remittance in two equal installments in October and December, to accounts at NCCU designated financial institutions.
- International students are eligible
- Application eligibility: Newly admitted international students who are not awarded with other scholarship (see application guideline for complete information）
- The applicants must qualify as international students pursuant to MOE Regulations Regarding “International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan.”
- New degree-seeking international students who are not recipients of other government scholarship are eligible for the Scholarship for New International Student, provided by NCCU.
How to Apply
- Applications for this Scholarship are accepted once a year.
- Applicants should be recommended for consideration by the department, institute, or program in which they are enrolled.
- Print out the online application form.
- Prepare the materials required for the application and pay the application fees.
- Submit the application.
- Application materials MUST be submitted either in person or by mail. Applications submitted by e-mail or fax will be not processed.
Deadline: Online application: January 3, 2019 – 5pm, March 22, 2019. Submission by MAIL: March 15, 2019. Submission in PERSON: 5 pm, March 22, 2019.