The University of Stirling is inviting applications for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships in the UK for the 2020/2021 academic session.
The Commonwealth Shared Scholarships scheme is a joint initiative between the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission and UK universities, to support students from developing Commonwealth countries to study full-time in the United Kingdom on a postgraduate Masters course.
They offer scholarships for the following courses:
- MLitt Publishing Studies
- MSc Environmental Management (Conservation)
- MSc Financial Technology (FinTech)
- MSc Sustainable Aquaculture
- MSc International Conflict and Cooperation
- MSc Environment, Heritage and Policy
Worth of Award
The scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees
- Maintenance/ living cost stipend
- Return flights
- Thesis grant
- Study travel grant (if applicable)
- One-off arrival allowance
To be eligible, you must:
- be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2020
- by October 2020, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
- not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high-income country (as classified by the World Bank)
- be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
How to Apply
- Applications can be made from 12 January 2019 and close at 4.00pm on 7 March.
- Applicants need to first apply to the University of Stirling for one of the eligible courses.
- In order to be considered for an award, applicants must hold an offer of a place at Stirling.
- They would recommend applying to Stirling well in advance of any deadlines for this scholarship.
- Applicants must then submit a separate application using the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission’s Electronic Application System (EAS).
- For more information, contact; [email protected]
Deadline: Application closes December 18, 2019.