The University of Western England(UWE) Bristol is inviting applications for the Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences International Dean’s Scholarship for the full-time MSc programme in the 2022/23 session.
UWE Bristol is a University Alliance university with a common mission to make a difference in their cities and regions. They use their experience of providing high-quality teaching and research with real-world impact to shape higher education and research policy for the benefit of their students and business and civic partners.
UWE innovate together, learn from each other and support every member to transform lives and deliver growth. Their Student Experience Survey (SES) helps them collect feedback on the student experience for first and second-year undergraduates, and postgraduate taught students. They use the results to highlight any improvements needed for their facilities or services.
Worth of Award
- The Scholarship is worth 100% tuition fees for one academic year.
- This scholarship is available to an applicant from a country that has recently been subject to a significant adverse environmental, health or security impact, where its alleviation relates to the subject area of the selected MSc programme.
In order to be eligible for the Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences Dean’s Scholarship, applicants must;
- Be all classed as overseas for fees purposes
- Have achieved the equivalent of a British 1st or 2:1 in an undergraduate degree
- Be applying from a country that recently has been subject to a significant adverse environmental, health or security impact, where its alleviation relates to the subject area of the selected MSc programme
- Hold an unconditional offer or a conditional offer where IELTS or equivalent English language is the only condition
- Be a new student to UWE Bristol with no previous UK study
- Be classed as overseas for fees purposes
- Not be a sponsored student or in receipt of another scholarship/award
- Provide official transcripts at the time of application.
- Note for successful candidates: you will need to prove when you accept the Scholarship that you satisfy the UKVI criteria in terms of being able to cover living costs and the remainder of the fee.
- MSc Advanced Wildlife Conservation in Practice
- MRes Applied Sciences
- MSc Biomedical Science
- MSc Science Communication
- MSc Environmental Health
- MSc Health Psychology
- MSc Occupational Psychology
- MRes Social Sciences
- MSc Public Health
- MSc Sport and Exercise Psychology
How to Apply
- Applications for the Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences Dean’s Scholarship can be made online by selecting the ‘Apply for this course’ option on the web page for the selected MSc programme.
- To be considered for the Scholarship, applicants will need to cover the following points in their personal statement which should accompany the programme application:
- What potential do you have for outstanding performance on the programme – please note that this will be assessed both through evidence of your academic record to date and the quality of your written application
- What potential you have to become an outstanding professional in your selected subject area and to contribute to alleviating a recent adverse environmental, health or security impact in your home country, and how your work experience to date points to exceptional achievements in relation to interests outside formal education
- How you show potential for being an effective ambassador for UWE Bristol when you return to your home country – you should show a grasp of British universities’ agenda overseas and of successful ways of influencing potential audiences
- How you show concern for other students on your programme, evidencing contribution of a kind that is likely to enrich their experiences, not just your own.
Deadline: The deadline is Tuesday, May 31, 2022