International students aiming to work in executive and management positions can now apply for the 2013 Bilingual Master’s Programme at the University of Bonn for media personnel’s.
The bilingual Master’s Program combines the field of media and development with journalism, communications and media economics. Graduates are awarded the academic title “Master of Arts (M.A.)”. The University of Bonn offers top IMS graduates the opportunity to pursue a doctorate.
Worth of Awards
- The tuition fee is 6,000 EUR.
- A limited number of full scholarships (covering tuition, accommodation and cost of living) is available for applicants from countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe. A limited number of partial scholarships covering tuition costs are also available.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
• At least 12 months of professional experience in a media-related field gathered after completion of an undergraduate degree.
- Applicants for full scholarships must provide proof of one additional year of professional experience;
• Proof of good written and oral German and English language skills.
How to Apply
Prospective students will have to apply through an online-based system. Please read the information below, before you visit the application Before you start entering your data in the online-application form, please make sure you have all documents required for application ready:
• (signed) Letter of motivation
• (signed) Curriculum vitae in table form
• Original Certificate of your first academic degree including transcripts and translation of both documents into either German or English (if they have been issued in a language other than English or German) – Please find download stated below
• Evidence of at least one year’s professional experience in a media-related field after obtaining your first degree (B.A. or equivalent) – usually a letter of confirmation from the employer is submitted (applicants for a full scholarship must give evidence of one additional year of professional experience)
• Certificate of APS (for applicants who completed their first degree in China, Vietnam or Mongolia)
• Evidence of sufficient English language skills (TOEFL IBT: score of 83 or higher, IELTS: score of 6.0 or higher, BULATS: score of 70 or higher, LCCI: level 3) – English language certificates are valid for two years from the date of issue
• Evidence of sufficient German language skills (TestDaF at least level TDN 3 in all four parts of the examination, Goethe Zertifikat at least level B2 or DSH at least level 1)
• Copy of the first two pages of your passport
If you would like to apply for a full scholarship, you will be required to submit some additional documents:
• Recent recommendation letter from a University (signed with an official University stamp)
• Recent recommendation letter from your employer (signed with an official company stamp)
• DAAD application form (please find the link to the application form at the bottom of this page under the headline WWW-links)
• High school diploma
Regarding the English and German language skills, please be aware that you will need to provide evidence of sufficient language skills for both languages. If you have knowledge of only one of the two languages, this does not suffice. If one of these languages is your native language or you have completed your entire program of study in either of them, evidence of that particular language is not necessary.
For the online-application, you will be required to perform the following steps:
- Please click on the link to the online-application site.
- Now click on the link “International Media Studies”.
- Now please enter your personal data in the designated fields. Please note that fields marked with “*” are mandatory and information must be provided. Where fields are marked with ” ? “, instructions or additional information will be supplied. On the left-hand side you will find a navigation bar to help you navigate the site. You are required to enter your data in the default order. Should you have failed to fill in one of the mandatory fields, you will not be able to access the next column. A mandatory field where no data have been entered will be marked red.
- In the column “Letter of Motivation” you will be able to explain your motivation and reasons for wanting to take part in the Master’s Program International Media Studies. Alternatively, you may upload your statement of purpose as a PDF file in the column “Checklist”. If you would like to apply for a scholarship (full or partial scholarship) please mention this in your statement of purpose.
- When you have completed the data entry process the column “Checklist” will appear, where you must upload the required application documents.
- When all columns are complete and you have uploaded all required documents you will be able to send your application.
- After having sent your application, you will receive your personal user name and password. Please make a note of this information as you will need it to be able to track the status of your application.
- Once you have sent your application you will not be able to make any amendments or additions. You will only be able to upload missing documents.
Deadline: The closing date for applications has been extended. You can now apply for the Master’s Program “International Media Studies” until April 30, 2013.
Click here for more details