The Victoria University of Wellington is inviting applications for the Colin Aikman Award for International Students in New Zealand for the 2019/2020 academic session.
The Award has been established in Colin Aikman’s memory to provide opportunities for students in the areas of constitutional law, human rights, international law or other legal issues affecting the South Pacific. The Award was launched in November 2005 to coincide with the 60th anniversary of the establishment of the United Nations. The Law Faculty generously provided a contribution of $10,000 to establish the fund.
This Award has been established in Colin Aikman’s memory to provide opportunities for students to study in the areas of constitutional law, human rights, international law or other issues affecting the South Pacific.
Worth of Award
- The value of the award is up to $10,000
- The award shall be tenable for one year.
- More than one award may be made per year.
- The award will not be made in any year where there are no suitable applicants.
- Winners of the award may apply for a further year.
- This award can be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Applicants should be intending to study law at Undergraduate, Masters or PhD Degree level at Victoria University of Wellington, with a focus on constitutional law, human rights, international law or other legal issues affecting the South Pacific.
- The Award will be made based on academic merit in accordance with the level of study of the applicant.
How to Apply
- An online application will be available approximately one month before the closing date.
- No late applications will be accepted.
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact:Position: The Scholarships Office
Organization: Victoria University of Wellington
Address: PO Box 600 Wellington 6140 New Zealand
Phone: +64 4 463 5557
E-mail: [email protected]
Deadline: Application closes on October 30, 2019.