The Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS) is inviting applications for the Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship in Singapore for the 2020 /2021 academic session.
The Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship is a private sector scholarship administered by the Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS). Each year, 3 to 4 scholarships are awarded to outstanding individuals from 15 Asia Pacific economies (Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, PRC, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, Laos and Myanmar) to pursue undergraduate studies at local universities in Singapore i.e. National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore Management University (SMU) and Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
The Dr GKS Scholarship Fund was set up by the financial community in Singapore in honour of the former Deputy Prime Minister, who fostered Singapore’s economic development and growth as a reputable international financial centre.
Worth of Award
The scholarship supports a maximum of 4 years of undergraduate study (including Honours). It provides the following:
- Tuition and other compulsory fees;
- Airfare (to Singapore and return to home country upon completion of study);
- Annual maintenance allowance of SGD6500;
- Hostel allowance based on the institution of study; and
- Settling-in allowance (one-off expense) of SGD200 upon arrival in Singapore.
The scholarship award will be reviewed annually and is subjected to satisfactory performance and academic results.
- The Dr GKS Scholarship is open to students who are citizens/passport holders of Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, PRC, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, and Myanmar. Singapore citizens and PRs are not eligible to apply for the Dr GKS Scholarship.
- Applicants should concurrently apply for admission to NUS, NTU, SMU or SUTD. Most courses (except for specialized courses like Medicine) will be considered. Applicants should adhere to the university’s admission deadlines and guidelines;
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and possess good academic and co-curricular activities (CCA) achievements;
- Have sat for, or made private arrangements to sit for the SAT; (for more information on SAT and registration for the test, please refer to the College Board website)
How to Apply
- Please submit your application online
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to take an online personality profiling test in Mar/Apr 2020.
- Applicants selected to attend the final interview are encouraged to travel to Singapore in end–May 2020. The trip will be at the applicants’ own expense. If applicants are unable to travel to Singapore, alternative arrangements will be made.
- For inquiries, please refer to the FAQs or send your questions to [email protected]
Deadline: Application closes March 15, 2020.