The Korean Government is offering Global Korea Scholarships to international Graduate students at higher educational institutions in the 2021/22 session.
The purpose of this Scholarship is to provide international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in undergraduate & graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries.
Higher education institutions in Korea are largely divided into junior colleges (2~3 year program), universities (4-year program) and graduate schools. In recent years, with the development of information and communication technologies, cyber universities that deliver education in the format of e-learning are also growing. Graduate-level programs (master’s and doctoral degree programs) are generally provided at 4-year universities.
Worth of Award
The Scholarship benefit are in different categories;
- Resettlement Allowance
- Living Allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Language Courses
- Tuition Fees
- Award for Excellent Korean language proficiency
- Research Support
- This benefit has a different amount allocated to them. Visit the website for more details.
- Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
- Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.
- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
- Should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate)
- Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate)
- Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
- Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree by the date of arrival. (Graduate)
- Applicants who have previously achieved in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
- However, a former or current KGSP scholar who holds the overall grade of 90% or above can reapply to this program once either through the embassy or university track.
How to Apply
- All applications must be submitted either to the Korean Embassy where you hold the citizenship or to one of our partner universities in Korea.
- Make sure to refer to the information on the application guidelines on how to
submit your application.
- Even if you are currently living in Korea or a different country, if you are to apply
via embassy track, you must submit your application documents to the Korean
embassy in the country where you hold the citizenship.
Deadline: The calls for 2021 GKS G application starts in early February and lasts till mid-March. Each Korean embassy and university decides its own deadline within that period. Most deadlines fall in March.