The Department of Economics in Cork University Business School at University College Cork invites applications for full-time PhD scholarships in 2019.
Worth of Award
- The funding is for a maximum of 3 years (EU fees plus €16,000 stipend, tenable for up to three years).
- Successful scholars who are currently registered will receive funding for 3 years from the date of their registration (for example, scholars that have completed 1 year will receive funding for 2 years).
- Scholarships are open to candidates applying to register for their PhD in the Department in 2019, or who are currently registered for a PhD in the Department.
- These scholarships are aimed at outstanding candidates who exceed the criteria for admission to the programme. Applicants should:
- Satisfy the entry criteria for PhD programme at the Department of Economics in UCC
- Have the support of a supervisor or supervisors on the academic staff of the Department of Economics (it is up to the candidate to identify and contact potential supervisors in advance);
- Submit a detailed and original research proposal, using the following format:
- Description of project, including aims and central research questions, relationship to existing literature and proposed contribution to knowledge in the field of study (1,000 words)
- Methodology, including theoretical framework and investigative and analytical methods (500 words)
- Outline research plan, including organisation and scheduling of work (500 words)
- Potential alignment of the research project with national funding organisations’ strategic research areas and indication of likely targets for competitive funding (300 words)
How to Apply
- Applications should be submitted by email (one pdf file only) before the deadline. The submitted application should include a completed form and a curriculum vitae of no more than 2 pages.
- In the case of applicants where English is not your first language, you must also provide evidence that you meet the English proficiency criteria for entry to postgraduate study set by the College of Business and Law
- In addition, the Department may seek to interview candidates to confirm English language proficiency.
Deadline: Applications should be submitted by email (one pdf file only) before 5 pm on February 28th, 2019.