They are pleased to announce that they are offering up to 5 PhD scholarships in Health Management. They invite highly qualified candidates to apply for these scholarships. Potential candidates are invited to read the application information below and should strictly adhere to the set guidelines while submitting their applications.
The DAAD supports over 100,000 German and international students and researchers around the globe each year – making it the world’s largest funding organization of its kind. They also promote internationalization efforts at German universities, help developing countries build their own systems of higher education, and support German Studies and German language programmes abroad.
Worth of award
- The scholarship includes full tuition fees, a monthly stipend at DAAD rates, limited contribution research costs. However, please note that this is not a full scholarship, as DAAD will only provide funding as stated in the scholarship information sheet.
- The successful applicant will be registered at Strathmore University and supervised by renowned health systems researchers from the university and the KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme.
- They will also have access to various generic skills training offered by IDeAL
- Scholarships are available for up to a maximum of three years. The scholarship will be initially granted for one year and may be extended upon individual application to DAAD
- The Scholarship is open to citizens of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- You must have Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree qualification with at least above average results
- You should have proof of admission to Strathmore University for the indicated programme or official letter assuring admission.
- Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Applicants should be applying for PhD in Healthcare Management
How to Apply
- To apply for the scholarship, you first need an admission letter from Strathmore University as the host institution.
- Applications for these scholarships are will be managed jointly by IDeAL and Strathmore University.
- Applications should be submitted to Strathmore University no later than Sunday 24th February 2019 at 5.00pm.
- Submit all the documents listed in the Requirements for Application document and the DAAD information sheet 2019/2020. Please download the requirements document and note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline: Application closes Sunday February 24, 2019, at 5.00pm.