Applications for the Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Programme Worldwide for the 2023/24 academic session are currently open.
This program is open to researchers whose work is dedicated to improving the learning and development of children and youth worldwide. The relevant disciplines include, but are not limited to, education sciences, psychology, economics, sociology, behavioral science, computer science, pedagogy, linguistics, neurosciences, and science of learning. The ideal fellow does not only have a great research idea but also a significant potential to contribute as part of interdisciplinary teams.
Worth of Award
- The funding amount for the Fellowship is 150,000 CHF for a funding period of 3 years. Fellows can use up to 50% of the said amount to cover their salaries.
- Similarly, up to 10% of the total amount of funding (i.e. CHF 15’000) in addition to the basic grant can be added to cover funding of overheads and indirect costs.
- Furthermore, fellows may apply for additional funding at the end of the fellowship to conduct further projects with a focus on evidence to action and scientific capacity building.
- It is interesting to note that the program offers a wide range of non-financial benefits.
The ideal candidate
- has obtained his/her PhD or equivalent degree within the past 10 years;
- is employed at an institution of higher education or research institute;
- is conducting high-quality research in an area of interest to the Jacobs Foundation;
- is committed to engaging with the Jacobs Foundation and the Fellowship Network and contributing to the Foundation’s activities.
How to Apply
Upload these documents in connection with the application form:
- Your curriculum vitae, including a list of the candidate’s scientific publications
- A published scientific paper
Send this document separately to the Jacobs Foundation:
- A 1-page recommendation letter from a senior researcher, within or outside your department, supporting and describing your qualifications, initiative, and research. This letter should be sent to [email protected].
Deadline: The submission deadline for the Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship is January 15, 2023, 23.59 CET.