The International College of Zhejiang University is inviting applications for the Chinese Government Scholarship – Chinese University Program in China for the 2019/2020 academic session.
Chinese Government Scholarship –Chinese University Program is established by the Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE), aiming to develop outstanding international talent and improve the perception of China’s higher education. Under the mandate of the MOE, Zhejiang University is opening application for full-time postgraduate studies under the 2019 Chinese Government Scholarship –Chinese University Program.
The International College of Zhejiang University is a special teaching and administrative institute responsible for the enrollment, service and Chinese as Second Language (CSL) program, consisting of General Affairs Office, Student Affairs Office, Admissions Office, Teaching Affairs Office, Chinese Language Teaching Center, as well as Foreign Experts and Overseas Students Service Center, whose head office is located in Yuquan Campus with two other administrative offices located in Zijianggang Campus and Huajiachi Campus respectively.
Worth of Award
The Chinese Government Scholarship covers:
- Tuition waiver;
- Free accommodation on campus;
- Stipend: Granted in accordance with the relevant standard;
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
Note: For more detailed information, please view the web page of Introduction to Chinese Government Scholarships at the website of CSC.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
- Applicants must NOT be registered students in Chinese universities at the time of application or graduates from Chinese universities whose graduation is less than one year ago.
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must be under the age of 40 and have a master’s degree.
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must be under the age of 35 and have a bachelor’s degree. （Applicants with Bachelors’ Degree Diplomas obtained from Top 500 World Universities according to the ARWU ranking or Zhejiang University’s overseas partner universities are welcome to apply.）
- Applicants should have a competitive academic record.
- Applicants should have strong scientific research ability.
- Applicants should not be beneficiaries of any other scholarships.
How to Apply
Applicants can submit the application materials (refer to section V below) to the Admissions Office (postgraduate program) of the International College of Zhejiang University, by post or in person. The application materials submitted by email will not be accepted.
- Applicants must provide the following materials. The application materials are in duplicate and each copy is bind in the following order:
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, filled in Chinese or in English, pasted with a recent photograph (white background, 35mm×45mm in size).
- Applicants shall fill in and submit application form via the CSC Online Application System for Study in China (https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/register), then print application form and sign. Agency No. of Zhejiang University is 10335.
- Application Form for Admission to Zhejiang University pasted with a recent photograph (white background, 35mm×45mm in size).
- Applicants shall fill in and submit the application form via the online application system first, then print and sign the Application Form produced by the online application system.
- A photocopy of passport.
Deadline: Application closes March 31, 2019.