The Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China (MOFCOM) invites applications for the Master Programme in International Law and Chinese Law in 2019.
Starting from 2008, academic Education Programs sponsored by the Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China is designed to foster high-end business officials and managerial personnel for developing countries, offering one-year and two-year master programs as well as three-year doctoral programs for the purpose of educating high-end and inter-disciplinary talent working in the applied fields of government, trade, foreign affairs, agriculture, technology, education, culture and health, building intellectual capacity and facilitating the economic and social development of the recipient countries.
Since September 2015, Wuhan University has undertaken the master program in International Law and Chinese Law. This program is designed for non-Chinese citizens. The purpose is to cultivate application-oriented foreign affairs talents who has a broad international horizon, good legal professional ethics, a systematic mastery of Chinese Law and relevant International Law and use English proficiently as a working language to offer legal service to foreign enterprises in China, overseas Sino-foreign joint ventures, state organs, enterprises and public institutions and foreign law firms.
The program is to, in advanced theory and application, prepare professional and versatile talents who can be independently engaged in research and teaching of International Law, master the basics of law systematically and expertise of International Law and Chinese Law deeply and comprehensively and specialize in some fields of International Law.
Worth of Award
- They will provide “Chinese Government Scholarships” to admitted students from developing countries. These scholarships cover tuition、management、basic living expenses and round-trip international airfare for the students.
- They also include comprehensive medical insurance, which is purchased by the university for students.
- In terms of living expenses, it is 36000RMB/year for the master program. There is also a one-off settlement allowance of 3000RMB/person.
- If a student expects to have his/her spouse, children, relatives or friends to visit him/her during the stay in Wuhan, the visitor will have to bear all the expenses by him/herself.
- Prospective students are mid-to-senior level officials or managers from the government, the media, NGOs, and other public sectors, who have demonstrated superior performance, both academically and in their work.
- By the time of matriculation, each must have obtained an undergraduate bachelor’s degree in the case of their master program.
- Applicants should be non-Chinese nationality and in good health.
- Applicants should come from developing countries and should be government officials at middle or senior level, or researchers or administrators of academic institutions at middle or senior level.
- Applicants who apply for a master degree program should be under 35 years old and have a bachelor’s degree.
How to Apply
- Register and apply online in CSC. Choose type B of scholarship program in the CSC system. Wuhan university code is 10486. Submit online the completed “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship”, download and print the completed application form.
- At the same time register and apply online in Wuhan University for the record, then submit online the completed “Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University”, download and print the completed application form.
The following application materials are needed
- Application form for Chinese Government Scholarship.
- Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University.
- Recommendation letter by a superior in the institution where the applicant works.
- Recommendation letters by a professor who knows the applicant research abilities well.
- An original copy and a photocopy need to be prepared for each degree.
- Transcripts must list all courses taken and all scores obtained.
- Personal statement must be written in English and be some 1000 words in length. It shall cover such essential elements as applicant’s academic background, work experience, achievements.
- Future research plan can be written in Chinese or English. It shall entail the applicant’s study and research goals.
- Personal passport with a minimum of one year before its expiration: photocopy of passport photo page. Do not use diplomatic or official passport.
- Applicants who are not native English speakers or whose undergraduate education was not conducted in English shall provide TOEFL or IELTS test scores.
- Submit all the application materials in both hard copies and scanned copy to the Economic and Commercial Counselor Office of Chinese Embassy. Hard copy must include both the original copy and the photocopy, as indicated in the above-mentioned materials.
- Submit a written request to the Economic and Commercial Counselor Office of Chinese Embassy for an official recommendation letter and clearly state:
- A. Whether the applicant is willing to be considered for a similar program at other universities if the program at WHU is already full.
- B. Other special requests if any.
Deadline: The application deadline for the master program is June 29, 2019.