The Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China (MOFCOM) invites applications for the Chinese Government Scholarships for students from developing countries in 2019.
MOFCOM Scholarship is set up by Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China to further strengthen the communication and cooperation between China and other countries as well as to develop talents for developing countries. Starting from 2015, MOFCOM Scholarship mainly sponsors young and the middle-aged talents from recipient countries to pursue their postgraduate education in China and entrusts China Scholarship Council to manage the Scholarship.
Wuhan University is one of the prestigious universities designated to undertake this program to recruit graduate students for Masters and Doctoral Programs.
MOFCOM Scholarship supports Master’s program for 2-3 years or PhD program for 3-4 years. Scholarship winners must register for English-taught program if such program is available. When only Chinese-taught program is available, students should take Chinese language training courses for one to two years before moving on to their degree study.
Worth of Award
- Tuition waiver;
- On-campus accommodation;
- One-off resettlement fee:
- 3000RMB per month per master student,
- 3500RMB per month per PhD student;
- Medical insurance
- One round-trip international airfare and “n-1” round-trip international airfares for home visits for all the students. One round-trip international airfare means the first time fly to China after enrollment, and fly back to home country while graduation, and a maximum of “n-1”( “n” is for the length of schooling year which is set while the student was enrolled by the program) round-trip international airfares for home visits (one time per year set at the end of an academic year）.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
- With Bachelor degree when applying for Master program;
- With Master degree when applying for doctoral program;
- Under the age of 45 while applying;
- With the required English or Chinese proficiency as following:
- English: IELTS 6.0 or above, or TOEFL 80 or above. Chinese: HSK level four (score 180) or above, or other evidence which indicates your English or Chinese proficiency is adequate, and applicants who have not reached the required level of Chinese are requested to take Chinese language training courses for one to two years before moving on to their degree study.
How to Apply
- Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org/ and click “Application Online for International Students”.
- Step 2: Read “Tips for online application” carefully before clicking “NEXT” to the registration page.
- Step 3: After registration, login with your user name and password. Click “Application Forms” and choose “MOFCOM Scholarship”.
- Step 3: Login with your user name and password. For the new user, please click “Create an account” for registration.
- Step 4: Fill in the correct Program Category and Agency Number. An Agency Number represents a specific application receiving agency and a correct choose of Program Category is necessary before filling in the Agency Number. Please make sure you fill it in correctly, otherwise, you will not be able to continue your online application or your application will not be accepted.
- Your ‘Program Category’ is: Type A and ‘Agency Number’ is: 00010. Once the correct ‘Agency Number’ is entered, the name of the agency will automatically emerge.
- Step 5: Fill in the Online Application Form and Upload Supporting Document truly, correctly and completely following the steps listed on the left of the page.
- Applicants are required to choose a discipline before choosing their majors. Please refer to the Disciplines Index, which could be downloaded from Help, if you have any doubt about the disciplines and majors.
- Step 6: After completing the application form, please click “Preview” and check your Application Form carefully before submitting it. Click “Confirmation of Submit” in the upper right corner to submit your Application Form.
- Step7: Download the completed Application Form by clicking “Download Application” and print two hard copies.
- Step 8: Prepare other supporting document as required and send the full package of application document (two sets of hard copies) to the Economic and Commercial Counsellor’s Office (ECCO) of the Chinese Embassy.
- Step 9: You could make changes to your application by clicking Retrieve Application on the left of the page. But you have to make sure to submit it again by clicking Confirmation of Submit after finishing all the changes. Otherwise, the retrieved application will become invalid and your new application will not be accepted either.
- Please use Internet Explorer (6.0 or 7.0). Menu selection functions may not work in other browsers.
- Step 10：If you apply to study in Wuhan University as a MOFCOM scholarship student, please register and submit your online application at Wuhan University Online Application System for International Students at http://admission.whu.edu.cn, submit online the completed “Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University” and other application document listed above.
- Only Chinese and English are accepted for the online application.
Deadline: The Economic and Commercial Counselor’s Office (ECCO) of the Chinese Embassy in your country will open the application until April 30th, 2019.