Nankai University is inviting applications for its Tianjin Government Scholarship for Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree and Doctoral degree applicants in China for the 2019/2020 academic session.
A key multidisciplinary and research-oriented university directly under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Education, Nankai University is located in Tianjin on the border of the sea of Bohai,
Nankai University was founded in 1919 by the famous patriotic educators, Mr. Zhang Boling, and Mr. Yan Xiu. During the Anti-Japanese war (1937-1945), Nankai University, Peking University (Beijing University) and Tsinghua University (Qinghua University) united in Kunming to form the renowned Southwest Associated University. It was considered to be The North Star of Higher Learning.
Worth of Award
- Partial Scholarship
Undergraduate: CNY 20000 /students/year
Master: CNY 30000 /students/year
PH.D: CNY 38000 /students/year
- Full scholarship
- Exemption from registration fee, tuition, on-campus accommodation, laboratory fees, internship fees, and basic learning materials fees;
- The comprehensive insurance in China: CNY800/student/year;
- Living allowance (10-month): Bachelor’s degree: CNY 1400/month; Master’s degree: CNY 1700/month; Doctoral degree: CNY2000/month;
- One- time settlement for new students CNY800/student.
- Applicants must be a non-Chinese citizen.
- Bachelor’s degree applicants must have a high school diploma.
- Master’s degree applicants must have a bachelor’s degree.
- Doctoral degree applicants must have a master’s degree.
Tianjin Municipal Government and Nankai University shall reserve all the rights of modifying the scholarship.
How to Apply
- Submit application materials to the International Student Office prior to the deadline
- Interview (Informed by email).
- Upon completing the application process and being formally accepted into Nankai University’s programs, the applicant’s information will then be submitted to the foreign student’s admission committee for review. Only after being accepted to Nankai University can a student qualify for a scholarship.
- The International Student Section will announce scholarship results by the end of June.
- Upon announcement, Nankai University International Student Office will mail applicants an Acceptance Letter as well as Form JW202 – Visa Application for Study in China and any other relevant documents.
2 copies of each required:
- Highest diploma. If applicants are university students or are already employed, they should also provide documents of being university students or on-post employees. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
- Official transcripts.
- Personal Statement, including study or research plan, personal background, financial situation, personal strengths
- Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English written by professors or associate professors. (Bachelor’s degree application should submit one recommendation letter.)
- Photocopy of Passport.
- Copy of Application Fee Receipt. The application fee for graduate study is CNY600 or US$100, and for undergraduate, CNY400 or US$75. can be submitted in person to the Nankai University Registry (the ground floor of Nankai University Student Activity Center) or wired to the following account:
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese Quarantine Authority – only required for those whose period of studies in China lasts more than six months) filled out in English.
Deadline: Application closes June 15th of each year