East Tennessee State University in the USA invites applications for the International Undergraduate Students Merit Scholarships in the 2019/20 academic year.
Eligible undergraduate international students, already enrolled at ETSU, may apply for a limited number of Year 2 Merit Scholarships, under the following terms and conditions.
The Y2Merit cannot be used in conjunction with any other scholarships that cover costs of tuition. Examples are: Merit Scholarship, CAS, HID, Middway, SACM, etc.
ETSU provides a student-centered community of learning, reflecting high standards and promoting a balance of liberal arts and professional preparation, and continuous improvement. The university conducts a wide array of educational and research programs and clinical services including a comprehensive Academic Health Sciences Center. Education is the university’s highest priority, and the institution is committed to increasing the level of educational attainment in the state and region based on core values
Worth of Award
- Will be in the amount of $12,500 per academic year (spring and fall terms)
- Must be used towards tuition and fees
- Cannot be used towards service, programs, and individual course fees
- Are competitive and will be based on the ETSU grade point average
- Will be effective the fall term and for no more than 6 semesters, provided students maintain the minimum eligibility requirement
- Cannot be used when students are charged Erate or in-state tuition rates.
- Have no cash value
- Be current ETSU international students who have been enrolled for at least one full semester but no more than two semesters at ETSU
- Have a minimum ETSU grade point average of 3.0
- Be in lawful F1 or J1 status
- Be a degree-seeking undergraduate student
- 10 merit scholarships will be offered yearly
- Scholarships will only be offered starting in the fall semester. No initial awards will be offered for the spring term.
- Awardees will be notified of selection by May 31st
- Scholarships will not cover program, service and course fees; health insurance, housing, meal plans, etc
How to Apply
You can apply through the application form available on their website
Deadline: Applications close May 20