The College of International Education in Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) is inviting applications for its Outstanding International Freshman Scholarship for undergraduates in China for the 2019/2020 academic session.
In order to attract and support worldwide outstanding international students to study at Harbin Institute of Technology, promote cultural exchange, the school has set up the HIT scholarship
As more Chinese firms go global, HIT is positioning its graduates to meet their expanding needs for highly specialized staff with multicultural awareness. HIT is the brainchild behind the One Belt, One Road Think Tank. Offering their graduates the platform to be actively involved in reshaping the future of the emerging world.
Worth of Award
- First-class: exempt from tuition fee, housing fee;
- Second-class: exempt from tuition fee;
- Third-class: 50% deduction of tuition fee;
- Fourth-class: 30% deduction of tuition fee.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals in good health.
- Applicants should be under the age of 30.
- High school diploma and transcript, excellent performance in the study.
- The scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship.
- Outstanding international students who finish preparatory course program at HIT will be preferred.
- HIT Scholarship only supports the undergraduate Chinese-medium programs.
- Students should register on time according to the school schedule. Students, who fail to register on time without school permission, will be regarded as giving up their study at HIT, the scholarship will be canceled automatically. The scholarship will not be retained for the students who retain entrance qualifications.
- The school will arrange annual review for HIT Scholarship students. Students, who fail to take or pass the review, the scholarship will be stopped or canceled.
- Scholarship students are not permitted to change major and study duration.
How to Apply
- Students should log on to the website of Harbin Institute of Technology to complete the online application, print out and fill in the “Application Form of HIT Outstanding International Freshman Scholarship”.
- None of the application materials will be returned to the applicant. The application will be seen as invalid and will not be processed if the applicants are not qualified or the application materials are inconsistent with the recruitment regulations or are incomplete.
- The date of receiving paper document will be regarded as the date of application.
Address: No.11 Siling Street, Nangang District, Harbin 150001, China, College of International Education, Harbin Institute of Technology.
- Application materials
- Applicants should have a passport copy and an HSK 4 certificate
- Application Form of HIT Outstanding International Freshman Scholarship (with one photo in passport photo size).
- Personal statement: The statement should be in Chinese or English, no less than 500 words, and include but not limited to the application reason, personal academic performance or other outstanding accomplishments. Please attach the copy of certificates as well.
- High school graduation certificate (original notarized document in English or Chinese). If applicants are high school students, they should provide an original pre-graduation certificate.
- Transcripts (original notarized document in English or Chinese)
- Visit the College of International Education at [email protected]
Note: Scholarship result will be informed before May 20 each year via E-mail.
Deadline: Applicants should post their application materials to the College of International Education before May 10 each year.