The National University of Singapore invites applications for its 2013/2014 Commonwealth Scholarship for citizens of Commonwealth countries. The Commonwealth Scholarship is awarded to talented students with an aptitude for innovative, high calibre PhD research.
Worth of Scholarship
- Monthly stipend of S$3,200 up to 4 years of the PhD studies, or up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier.
- Other allowances including
- computer allowance
- book allowance
- conference allowance.
- Student must commit to PhD from the outset, cannot exit with MSc.
Note: The terms for the NGS Scholarship are being reviewed. Revised terms of the Scholarship will be implemented from the January 2013 intake onwards.
- All students from any Commonwealth countries and meet the NGS requirements are eligible to apply.
- Graduates with a passion for research.
- Graduates with at least 2nd Upper Honours, or equivalent qualifications.
- GRE is compulsory for students applying from overseas. Only strongly recommended for graduates from local institutions, e.g. NUS or NTU.
- TOEFL is compulsory (ONLY applicable for applicants whose native tongue or medium of undergraduate instruction is not in English).
- Students are not eligible for the President’s Graduate Fellowship (PGF).
- Award is renewable, subject to satisfactory academic performance of CAP ? 3.8 at the end of every semester.
NGS members in NUS and Duke-NUS in integrated research programmes.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted and supporting documents should be sent alongside print out of the completed online form to the following address:
NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences & Engineering (NGS)
Centre For Life Sciences (CeLS)
28 Medical Drive, #05-01
Republic of Singapore