East China Normal University (ECNU) in China is inviting applications for the Shanghai Government Scholarships for studies commencing in 2021.
Shanghai Government Scholarships is for the excellent international students who apply for the undergraduate, graduate or PhD program at East China Normal University. Applicants for the undergraduate program without a qualified HSK level can apply for a one-year pre-college program to study Chinese with full scholarship sponsored. If the applicant still cannot achieve the qualified HSK level after the pre-college program, the applicant will be graduated as a language student.
Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship was established in 2006 with the aims to enhance the development of international student education in Shanghai and encourage more and more outstanding international students and scholars to ECNU.
East China Normal University (ECNU) is a comprehensive public research university in Shanghai. It was formed in 1951 by the merger of the Great China University founded in 1924 and Kwang Hua University (est. 1925) which had its ultimate origins in the St. John’s College established in the city in 1879. Its original role was to train teachers for secondary and higher education, as suggested in the name “Normal”, but very soon housed top-class researchers and evolved into an elite research-intensive university.
Worth of Award
Type A (Full scholarship)
- Exempt from tuition fee, and accommodation on campus; provide comprehensive medical insurance and monthly living expense (Doctoral program: CNY3500; Graduate program: CNY3000; Undergraduate program: CNY2500)
Type B (Partial scholarship)
- Exempt from tuition fee, and provide comprehensive medical insurance.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
- Applicants must be in good health
- Applicants who apply for courses instructed in Chinese must have a valid new HSK-5 grade or above. Applicants do not need to offer HSK grade if they apply for the courses instructed in English but may still offer some English language certificate.
- Applicants for the master’s degree program must have a bachelor’s degree and be under 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree program must have master’s degree and be under 40.
- Applicants for undergraduate program must have high school diploma and be under 25.
How to Apply
- Submit ECNU online application and pay the application fee
- Applicant should register and apply online through http://study.shmec.gov.cn/ (the institutional code of ECNU is 10269). Submit the online application and download the application form.
- After submitting the online application, download and print out the application form. Mail two sets of hardcopy of application documents (1 set of originals and 1 set of photocopies) to the following address:
International Student Office, East China Normal University
ADD: Room 253, Physics Building, 3663 North Zhongshan Rd, Shanghai, China
Deadline: Application closes on January 20, 2021.