The University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) is offering scholarships to international students to study at the university in 2020.
USTC Scholarship—Chinese University Programme is a scholarship established by the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) to support USTC to recruit outstanding international students for studies in China.
Regulations of the USTC Scholarship will apply to the students under this scholarship scheme. Scholarship students must go through the Annual Review of the USTC Scholarship Status. Scholarship students who have to suspend their studies due to illness must return to their home country for further treatment and recovery. Expenses for the international travel to and from the university will be borne by the students themselves, and their scholarship status will be reserved for one year at most.
Worth of Award
- Free tuition;
- Monthly living allowance: Bachelor’s degree students: RMB 2,500 Yuan,
- Master’s degree students: RMB 3,000 Yuan,
- Doctoral degree students: RMB 3,500 Yuan;
- Free housing arranged by USTC
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
Applicants for USTC fellowship A must:
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and mentally and physically healthy.
- Applicants must not be a registered student in Chinese universities at the time of application;
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for bachelor’s degree studies must have held a high school diploma (equivalent to high school diploma in China), HSK5 certificate and be under the age of 30 (by September, 1st, 2020).
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree (equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in China) and be under the age of 35 (by September, 1st, 2020).
- Applicants for doctoral studies must have a master’s degree (equivalent to a master’s degree in China) and be under the age of 40 (by September, 1st, 2020).
How to Apply
Applications are online. the following materials should be submitted;
- Application form for USTC Scholarship with signature and recent photo.
- Photocopy of passport (ordinary passport with validity of at least 1 year).
- A study or research proposal (no less than 800 words).
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors (with phone number and email address).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (download in the attachment below).
- Applicants for programs instructed in Chinese must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate (at least level 4); applicants for programs instructed in English must provide the photocopy of valid IELTS or TOFEL results or other proof of their English proficiency (except those whose mother tongue is English).
- Photocopy of degree certificate and academic transcript for both Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree (if have) notarized by the Ministry of Education or equivalent authority in your country.
Deadline: Application closes March 31, 2020