The London School of Health Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) in the UK is inviting applications for the GSK Master Scholarships for Future Health Leaders in 2022.
Three scholarships are offered to support the training and development of the next generation of leaders in global health and strengthen the capacity of health systems and health-related research in Africa.
These highly competitive scholarships are available to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
Worth of Award
Each scholarship will cover:
- Tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees; and
- A tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 17,633.00.
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must
- be nationals of, and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa; and
- intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at the School; and
- confirm that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study by submitting the Supplementary Questions Form with tick-box checked; and
- meet the School’s minimum English language requirements; and
- hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level, and
- hold an offer of admission for 2022-23 for one of the School’s 19 London-based MSc programmes of study.
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate (in their application documentation) the potential to make significant contributions to public health and/or health-related research in Africa.
How to Apply
- Applicants should complete both steps below by the scholarship deadline.
- Step 1: Submit an application for 2022-23 for a London-based MSc programme of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page. Applicants should ensure that all necessary supplementary documents (including references) are submitted via the School’s Admissions Portal by the scholarship deadline.
- Step 2: Submit an online scholarship application, selecting this scholarship option from the drop-down menu by the scholarship deadline. A completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only attachment required in Step 2 (as applicants should have already submitted references; transcripts; a CV etc with their application for study).
- If you encounter any technical difficulties whilst using the online scholarship application form, in the first instance please try clearing your browser cache and ensure that you are using the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari. If this does not fix your technical issue, please contact the School’s IT Services team, providing your full name; the scholarship that you are applying for; and the technical issue that you have encountered. Please also attach a screenshot where possible. [email protected]
- Applicants who have already submitted a completed 2022-23 London-based MSc application and/or have been made an Offer of Admission should apply for the scholarship by completing the scholarship application (Step 2 above) and submitting this by the scholarship deadline.
- Each applicant should submit only one application for GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders for 2022-23. Applicants are therefore encouraged to check carefully their online application and attachment before submission, as the first application submitted will be the one considered and there will be no opportunity to upload the Supplementary Questions Form after submission.
Deadline: Application closes is midnight (GMT) on Sunday, February 27, 2022.