The University of Auckland is inviting applications for its Research Masters Scholarships in New Zealand for international students for the 2020/2021 academic session.
The Scholarship is offered each semester to meritorious students applying for an approved research masters degree at the University of Auckland. The purpose of these Scholarships is to support enrolment in masters programmes that establish eligibility for the doctoral study.
The University of Auckland was formally opened on 23 May 1883 at Auckland University College, part of the University of New Zealand. A disused courthouse and jail served as premises for the 95 students and four teaching staff. The roll increased slowly but steadily during the remainder of the 19th century; by 1901 it had risen to 156 students.
Worth of Award
A tax-free stipend of $13,390 plus the cost of your compulsory fees.
- The University assesses your eligibility when you submit an Application for Admission. You will be advised of your eligibility once we have received your final grades and you have a firm offer of a place for your chosen programme.
- Students previously awarded a University of Auckland Honours/PGDip Scholarship cannot subsequently be awarded a University of Auckland Research Masters Scholarship.
- Domestic students* with a grade point average (GPA) of 8.00 (‘A’ grade) or higher in their qualifying programme from a recognized university.
- Applying for a masters degree with a research component of at least 90 points at the University of Auckland.
- For the purposes of this scholarship, a domestic student is a citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand.
How to Apply
- It’s easy! When you apply for a place at the University, you will automatically be considered for a University of Auckland Research Masters Scholarship — you don’t need to apply separately. Scholarship offers will be made soon after the confirmation of a place.
- If you meet the relevant criteria, you will be contacted to confirm your consideration for the scholarship.
- You must submit your application by the official closing date for the programme are guaranteed consideration for a scholarship.
Deadline: Applications close at the closing date for semester admissions. They vary and run through 2020.