Shandong University is inviting applications for its Qingdao Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students in China in 2019.
To attract and encourage more international students to study in Qingdao and engage in scientific research, the Qingdao Municipal Government has established the “Qingdao Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students in China” (hereinafter referred to as “the scholarship”) to provide incentives for excellent overseas students studying in universities and colleges.
Shandong University is one of China’s first institutions of higher learning. It was established in 1864 and initially called the Tengchow College of Liberal Arts (Dengzhou Wenhuiguan). Here the medical program originated and it was the predecessor of Cheeloo University and signified the beginning of modern Chinese higher education.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship is aimed mainly for newly enrolled foreign students in universities in Qingdao, including degree students and long-term advanced students (completing more than one semester).
- The funding standard for the scholarship for graduate students is 30,000 RMB per person, undergraduate students 20,000 RMB per person and long-term advanced students per person 10, 000 RMB.
- The scholarship is managed by the university and is used exclusively for the registration fees, tuition fees, laboratory fees, internship fees, teaching materials fees, accommodation fees, basic living expenses, and medical insurance for scholarship students.
The applicants should be foreign citizens, who are in good health, friendly to China and comply with Chinese laws and regulations. Besides, the applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Students who apply for a bachelor’s degree should have a diploma or certificate equivalent to a Chinese high school graduate
- Students who apply for a master’s degree shall have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent; students who apply for a doctoral degree shall have a master’s degree or equivalent.
- The applicants shall have the required level of Chinese language for admission to the university and provide relevant proofs, such as HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test Certificate), other Chinese language learning and examination certificates, etc. Applicants who are taught in English the conditions may be relaxed appropriately.
- For students who apply as long-term advanced students, their time of study shall be more than one semester.
How to Apply
- International students of Shandong University can apply for scholarship limited to all majors in Qingdao campus.
- Application time: 1st March to 15th June every year.
- Print-out application materials (see enrollment guidelines) and send to the International Student Enrollment Office of the Department of International Affairs, Shandong University (301 room, Mingde Building, Shandong University, 27 Shanda Nanlu, Jinan, P.R. China)
Deadline: Application closes June 15, 2019.