The University of Edinburgh offers two Master’s scholarships for students from developing countries wishing to study at M.Sc level at Edinburg University for the 2014/2015 academic year under the Edinburgh Global Development Academy Master’s Scholarships. Two scholarships are also available to EU/UK students under the same scheme.
Scholarships will be available for students pursuing one of the following Global Development Academy programmes:
- MSc African Studies
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc South Asia and International Development
Worth of Awards
The scholarships cover the overseas rate of fee for students from less developed countries and 2 Master’s scholarships covering the “home” rate of tuition fee for UK/EU students for eligible Master’s programmes offered by the University.
- The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree at undergraduate level or the international equivalent.
- The scholarships covering the overseas rate of fee will be awarded to students who are accepted for admission onto an eligible Global Development Academy programme at the University of Edinburgh. Applicants must be both nationals of and resident in the following countries:
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- Guinea Bissau
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- United Republic of Tanzania
Countries listed above are defined as least developed nations by the United Nations Composition of macro geographical (continental) regions, geographical sub-regions, and selected economic and other groupings.
How to Apply
- Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application.
- Please note that you will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh and have full EASE authentication.
Deadline:The closing date for applications for this scholarship is April 2014.
Visit here for more details.
Click here to apply to the master’s programme so you can apply for scholarship