The Silesian University, Czech Republic is inviting applications its Scholarship for talented international students in the Czech Republic for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The School of Business Administration (SU SBA) located in Karvina is historically the oldest part of the Silesian University. The modern building of the school offers a pleasant atmosphere for its students. The Faculty has a total of about 3 200 registered students (300 of them from abroad) and 80 teachers. The School is oriented towards the education of experts in the economic, financial, social, administrative fields of study as well as computer studies.
To award outstanding achievement and to attract students of the highest calibre from around the world, the School of Business Administration offers a system of scholarships for students enrolled in the Master in Business Economics and Management program.
Worth of Award
- The Dean of the SU SBA may award a one-time scholarship in the amount of 50.000 CZK to a maximum of 8 talented foreign students of the SU SBA.
- Up to ten merit-based scholarships each semester amounting to 10.000 CZK (approx. 370 EUR) will be awarded to students with best grade point average not exceeding the value 1.7. If less than 10 students achieve the grade point average lower than 1.7 the total amount of scholarship 100.000 CZK will be equally divided among awarded students.
- The awarded student must be a citizen of the country classified as the upper-middle-income, lower-middle-income, low-income economy by the actual classification of the World Bank
- The awarded student achieved outstanding results in bachelor degree studies.
- The awarded student must prove (with proper documents) extracurricular activities and community service record (studies abroad; activities in student and/or academic organizations; participation in projects and scientific events; activities in non-governmental organizations, civil society organizations, charity organizations; business-related activities)
- The awarded student must earn at least 31 ECTS credits during the first semester of studies at the SBA.
- The scholarship can be awarded only once during the studies.
How to Apply
The submission of an electronic application
- The payment of the administrative fee for the admission procedure by April 30, 2020.
- Officially certified copies of a diploma proving graduation from Bachelor’s, or follow-up Master’s degree programmes or Master’s degree programme of the same or a similar focus on the enrolment day at the latest.
- Applicants who have completed a degree study programme abroad (Bachelor´s, follow-up Master´s, Master´s degree programmes), shall substantiate the certified copy or original of the decision on the recognition of foreign higher education in the Czech Republic with documents in the enrolment period at the latest, unless otherwise specified in an international agreement.
- The successful completion of the admission procedure. An entrance examination is part of the admission procedure, which shall take place in the months of January to May 2019. The entrance examination will be held online.
- The payment for the tuition fee in the study degree programme accredited in English shall be made in the enrolment period at the latest. The tuition fee is intended for the entire academic year in advance.
Deadline: Application closes April 30, 2021