Umeå University is inviting applications its Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) for international masters students for the 2022/2023 academic session.
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and to sustainable development. The applicants should have a clear idea of how their education will contribute to the sustainable development of their home countries and regions.
Worth of Award
The scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees: directly paid to the Swedish university by us
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month
- A travel grant of SEK 15,000
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders(NFGL) – a platform to grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development
Note: The travel grant is a one-time payment for the entire study period. The grant is not applicable to students already living in Sweden.
To be eligible for Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP), you must
- be a citizen of a country that is eligible for SI scholarships. However, you do not need to reside in the country at the time of the application.
- have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience. In addition, you must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employer, or from civil society engagement.
- be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of University Admissions and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by March 30, 2023.
How to Apply
A complete application must consist of:
- Letters of reference
- Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience
- Copy of your valid passport/National ID card
- Motivation (will be asked of you in the application portal)
If your application is missing one of the required documents above, it will be disqualified.
Deadline: The deadline to apply for a master’s programme is January 16, 2023, while that of the SI scholarship is February 28, 2023.