Umeå University is inviting applications its Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) for international masters students for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The Swedish Institute (SI) is now launching the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP), a new scholarship programme which replaces Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS). The program is for those who have ambition, leadership experience, and a strong professional background? You could study for a master’s degree in Sweden on a fully-funded Swedish Institute scholarship
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) programme is part of the Swedish government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders who will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. It is funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Sweden and administered by the Swedish Institute (SI).
Worth of Award
The scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees: directly paid to the Swedish university by us
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month
- A travel grant of SEK 15,000 *
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders(NFGL) – a platform to grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development
Note: The travel grant is a one-time payment for the entire study period. The grant is not applicable to students already living in Sweden.
- To be eligible for Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP), you must be a citizen of a SISGP-eligible country and have sufficient documented proof of work and leadership experience. You must also follow the application steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes on time.
- You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated employment.
- You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment.
- You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for the scholarship programme.
How to Apply
A complete application must consist of:
- A completed motivation letter
- A CV
- Two valid and completed letters of reference
- Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience
- A copy of your valid passport
If your application is missing one of the required documents above, it will be disqualified.
- To begin with, apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se, by January 15, 2021.
- Apply for an SI scholarship by February 8, 2021, follow the instructions below.