The Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) invites applications for the MEST Africa Challenge for Young Aspiring Tech Entrepreneurs in Ghana in 2023.
The MEST Training Program is an intensive 12-month, full-time, fully sponsored program in which the cohort – known as Entrepreneurs-in-Training (EITs) – complete a graduate-level course in software development, business, and communications, with a focus on practical implementation. This course culminates with an investor pitch, with the chance to receive seed funding and enter MEST’s portfolio for company incubation.
Worth of Award
The Training program provides rigorous entrepreneurial training and extensive hands-on project work, designed to ensure EITs master industry-proven methodologies for developing world-class tech businesses.
- Faculty members bring years of entrepreneurial and industry experience.
- EITs build, validate & pitch business ideas in a fail-safe environment.
- All EITs receive a full scholarship to attend the 1-year training.
- Supplementary lectures by experienced business executives.
Furthermore, MEST supports early-stage software entrepreneurs who are committed to building technology solutions that address the continent’s most pertinent problems while creating wealth and jobs for its people.
Its internal seed fund gives investments of $50k to $250k to help launch and scale these early-stage companies. In addition to funding, MEST offers 18 to 24-month incubation at the MEST hubs and access to the Africa-wide tech community.
MEST’s goal is to create wealth and jobs across the continent. Its recruitment process, therefore, seeks to identify only the most ambitious and ethical people with a strong desire to build a scalable software company in Africa. Key characteristics it considers include:
- Having a deep passion for starting a software company in Africa
- Entrepreneurial or corporate work experience
- A degree from a top university or Technical College (or equivalent experience)
- Confident with great leadership qualities, ability to work well with others, and communicate effectively
- Successful applicants should be ready to commit to a full residential program for a whole year
How to Apply
The application process shall run thus:
- Complete Pre-learning courses
- Take an aptitude test
- Fill out and submit the MEST Training Program application form
- Attend interviews
Deadline: Applications for the MEST Africa Challenge close February 26th, 2023.