The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is inviting applications for its Johnson & Johnson Global Mental Health Scholarships for the 2020/21 academic session.
The aim of the study is to provide knowledge and skills to the students to start, develop and monitor mental health programs and/or policies in fewer resource settings, as well as to conduct research and conduct critical evaluations on global mental health. The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is renowned for its research, postgraduate studies and continuing education in public and global health.
The MSc Global Mental Health course is a joint programme provided by the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience, King’s College London (KCL).
The Janssen Global Mental Health Scholarship Fund was launched in 2012 through a generous donation from Janssen Pharmaceutica (part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies). In 2018, the Johnson & Johnson Scholarship Fund was launched, providing an additional 18 scholarships over five years. This is an annual award until 2022 (for 2022-23 academic year).
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is offering up to four Johnson & Johnson Global Mental Health Scholarships to students accepted onto the 2020-21 MSc Global Mental Health programme.
Worth of Award
Each scholarship will cover:
- full tuition fees at the KCL overseas fee rate; and
- a stipend (living allowance) of GBP 17,400.00; and
- an allowance of GBP 500.00 for MSc project expenses.
- Eligible Countries: Applicants must be nationals of, and ordinarily resident in, one of the following countries:
- Africa: Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa
- South-East Asia: Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, South America: Nicaragua, Peru
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants from non-English speaking countries (as specified by the Home Office – UKVI) must meet the minimum English Language Requirements if shortlisted for this funding. Applicants who have been short-listed for this funding will be required to provide proof of English language proficiency within 6 weeks of notification for their scholarship application to be considered any further.
How to Apply
Step 1: Submit an application for study for the MSc Global Mental Health programme through the King’s College London online application portal.
Step 2: Submit an online scholarships application, selecting this scholarship option from the drop-down menu. The scholarship application must include the following uploaded documents
- A completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship.
- Proof of your application submission, or Letter of Offer from KCL, for 2020-21 MSc Global Mental Health programme.
- English Proficiency score results (if you have these already).
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
To be considered for the Johnson & Johnson Scholarship applications, the deadlines for applications are:
- For KCL Admissions application: 23:59 (GMT) on Sunday, February 14, 2021
- For Scholarships application: 23:59 (GMT) on Sunday, March 21, 2021