The Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) is offering scholarships to International Students pursuing a postgraduate research programme in United kingdom for the 2021/2022 academic session.
QMUL Principal’s Postgraduate Research Studentships. These are available to applicants of any nationality, for PhDs in any area of the Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS), Science and Engineering (S&E). There is no separate application process for these awards but they are often tied to advertised projects so check the departmental webpage for specific information.
The success of research at Queen Mary is due to the high calibre and dedication of their researchers and supporting staff, and the excellent working environments within their research teams, centres and institutes. They are distinguished by outstanding results in national research assessments, high levels of research funding, and ambitious plans for the future.
Worth of Award
- The studentships cover tuition fees and provide maintenance paid at a rate of c£17,000 pa.
- Home, EU, and International students are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have previous degree.
- University expects all students to have a good standard of English in order to successfully study on a course. The minimum English language requirement is GCSE grade C or 4, though the requirements for some courses may be higher.
How to Apply
- Step 1: Select your course of study from the list of postgraduate courses.
- Step 2: Academic entry requirements University accepts a broad range of overseas qualifications. Consult country/region specific information to find out whether you have the right qualifications.
- Step 3: English language and foundation courses. If your first language is not English you must be able to provide recent evidence that your spoken and written command of the English language is adequate for the programmes for which you have applied. For a full list of their English language requirements please see English language requirements web pages.
- Step 4: Applying to Queen Mary: Postgraduate applications should be made online. Paper applications are no longer accepted.
Deadline: Application deadlines for Principal’s Postgraduate Research Studentships:
- School of Law – December 4, 2020
- Schools in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (except law) – January 20, 2021
- Schools in the Faculty of Science and Engineering – January 27, 2021