The University of Michigan in the USA is inviting applications for its Freshmen Merit Scholarship for the 2019/2020 academic session.
Founded in 1956 on a commitment to bring a quality Michigan education to Flint and the surrounding area, UM-Flint has done exactly what they set out to do. In the process, they’ve welcomed a record number of students into their classrooms, equipping them with the knowledge, experiences, and skills to make lasting contributions to the businesses, organizations, and communities they help shape. They invite you to see how their students, faculty, staff, and campus are making a real difference.
At UM-Flint, they want you to focus on starting your university experience strong—not on how you’ll pay for college. Available for first-time freshmen coming out of high school, our new Freshmen Merit Scholarship program offers more funding for students with a strong academic record and a desire to excel. The University of Michigan-Flint is a comprehensive urban university of diverse learners and scholars committed to advancing their local and global communities.
Worth of Award
- Freshmen Merit Scholarship program offers more funding for students with a strong academic record and a desire to excel.
- Annual award amounts ranging from $3,000 to $7,000, with a limited number of full in-state tuition/fees scholarships available.
International students are invited to apply. The minimum requirements for the scholarship eligibility are:
- High school GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale.
- 24-ACT or 1160-SAT (1090 combined Critical Reading and Mathematics on the old SAT).
- Students who receive scholarships must maintain a minimum grade point average and credit hours at UM-Flint to have their awards renewed.
How to Apply
- In addition to their traditional online application mentioned above, UM-Flint offers incoming freshmen the option of applying through the Common Application.
- Applications are also available for downloading, and require a $30 nonrefundable application fee unless otherwise noted. Download the application by clicking on the appropriate link below, and mail/fax it to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
University of Michigan-Flint
303 E. Kearsley Street
245 University Pavilion
Flint, MI 48502-1950
Deadline: Application closes April 17,2019