The University of Southern Indiana(USI) is inviting applications for its International Scholarship in USA for incoming freshmen for the 2019/2020 academic session.
The USI was founded in 1965, the University of Southern Indiana enrolls over 11,000 dual credit, undergraduate and graduate students in more than 130 areas of study. It is a Carnegie Foundation Community Engaged University and offers continuing education and special programs to more than 20,000 participants annually through Outreach and Engagement. The University offers study-abroad opportunities in more than 60 countries, and is host to international students from around the globe.
A major emphasis of the University of Southern Indiana continues to be delivery of credit programs. For the near term, the primary curricular offerings will include liberal arts, pre-professional, professional, technical, and occupational programs at both associate and baccalaureate levels.
Worth of Award
- International Merit Scholarships amount for $500-$3,000 per year,
- Global Leader Scholarships amount for $10,656 per academic year,
- Global Ambassador Scholarships award amount for Unavailable at this time,
- and Intensive English Program Top Achiever award amount for $500.
- Before completing the International Student Scholarship Application, students must first apply for admission and be accepted to USI.
- Complete the International Student Scholarship application by the deadline.
- Have a demonstrated record of achievement with a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.25 or higher on a 4 point scale.
- Have or plan to have a non-immigrant visa (i.e. a F-1 or J-1 student visa).
- Preference given to freshmen (first time student who has not attended any colleges or universities after high school with the exception of ESL study). Can start in the Intensive English Program first, but must complete the International Student Scholarship application with original application/acceptance to USI.
How to Apply
- The application process is online.
- Interested students should complete a separate scholarship application in addition to the application for admission.
Essays: Complete the following essays.
- You may write the essays in your native language and have them translated into English. If you have someone translate your essays for you, you must submit both the original language version and the English translations. If you write your essays in English you do not need to submit another version.
- What are your academic, professional, and personal goals? How will a degree from the University of Southern Indiana support your goals? (300-500 words typed)
- How will you serve as a cultural ambassador at USI and in the community/region? What traits and skills make you well suited for this program? What types of activities or programs do you envision in this role (e.g., presenting information about your culture to school children, etc.) (Maximum 1,000 words typed)
Deadline: Application closes March 1, 2019.