The University of Xiamen is inviting applications for its Master’s Scholarship Programs for International Students in China for the 2019/2020 academic session.
Xiamen University (XMU), is a comprehensive institution of higher education directly affiliated with China’s Ministry of Education. In 2017, XMU was categorized as type A university by China’s Double First-Class Initiative. The University was placed among the world’s top 400 institutions in various authoritative world university rankings, such as THE, QS, US News and ARWU.
Currently, the University has a total enrollment of approximately 40,000 students, including 20,045 in bachelor’s programs and 19,819 in master’s and doctoral programs. Close to 1,500 international students are enrolled in degree programs at XMU. Students enjoy a world-class intellectual environment on a campus nestled snugly between the hills and the sea and known for its top-notch faculty and first-class facilities. They form a vibrant and essential part of the XMU community.
Worth of Award
- Scholarship awardees will have their tuition fees covered.
- Moreover, monthly living allowances will be provided to outstanding postgraduates in accordance with the standards of Chinese Government Scholarships.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Educational background and age limits (as of September 1, 2019):
- Bachelor’s degree programs: hold a high school diploma or above and be under the age of 25;
- Master’s degree programs: hold a bachelor’s degree or above and be under the age of 40;
- Doctoral degree programs: hold a master’s degree or above and be under the age of 45.
How to Apply
- Application for the Scholarships will be considered only after the applicant has been admitted to Xiamen University.
- Applicants are required to apply online upload the scan copy of Application Form for Xiamen University Scholarships.
- The Scholarships Application Form should be completed in Chinese or English and signed by the applicant.
- Applicants are expected to submit a complete set of application materials and will be held responsible for the authenticity of their documents. Incomplete or forged application materials will be rejected.
- Applicants are expected to keep their phones on, check their email and online application account regularly as XMU’s Admissions Office will contact them when necessary.
Deadline: Application closes April 30, 2019.