The Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) is inviting applications for its European MSc. in Photonics scholarship award for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Vrije Universiteit Brussel is an internationally oriented university in Brussels, the heart of Europe. Through tailor-made high quality research and education, VUB wants to contribute in an active and committed way to a better society for tomorrow.
Their European MSc. in Photonics is built on 5 well-thought corner stones offering an excellent combination to prepare students for a flourishing professional path. The programme highlights are; Core and advanced photonics courses complemented with electronics, physics, optics and engineering, Strong focus on hands-on projects in highly equipped research labs, International experience and exchange opportunities with over 20 university partners, Training of social 21st century skills and digital skills and Dynamic link with industry through lectures and valuable internships
Worth of Award
- The general tuition fee for the master program is €922.30/year.
- The tuition fee consists of a fixed amount and a variable amount. The fixed amount is a fixed cost which is paid once per academic year while the variable amount is a specific amount per ECTS credit in your year programme.
- For the academic year 2020-2021 the Vrije Universiteit Brussel will grant several full scholarships of 10 000,00 EUR per year to students of the European Master of Science in Photonics at VUB. This scholarship is foreseen to cover the cost of living inherent to studying in Brussels.
- The programme is open to applicants with a bachelor or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, (Applied) Physics, Materials Sciences or equivalent.
- Students in their last year of such programmes will also be considered.
- Applicants holding a bachelor or master degree in another field of engineering are welcome to join the programme through a personalized preparatory programme.
- This preparatory programme can be combined with a specific bachelor or master programme.
How to Apply
- The AUB accepts and review applications on a rolling basis, and aim at sending the decision within three weeks from the receipt of the complete application.
- Applications can only be submitted through the online application form, they advise candidate students to apply as soon as possible, even if they have not yet obtained their degree.
- All non EEA students and EEA students need to apply before 1 June. They recommend all candidate students to apply as early as possible, most certainly for non EEA students this is important with regards to VISA administration.
Deadline: Application deadline for non-eea students has been set for March 31, 2020!