The University of Wageningen and Research is inviting applications for its Africa Scholarship Programme(ASP) in the Netherlands for the 2020/2021 academic session.
The programme has been initiated to give talented and motivated students from Africa the opportunity to study at the university in Wageningen. With this programme, Wageningen wants to support capacity building in Africa by attracting excellent students for a 2-years master’s programme.
The university is part of Wageningen University & Research and is the only university in the Netherlands to focus specifically on the theme ‘healthy food and living environment’. They do so by working closely together with governments and the business community. The domain of Wageningen University & Research consists of three related core areas: Food and food production, Living environment, Health, lifestyle and livelihood.
Worth of Award
- Travel to and from Wageningen
- Living allowance for 2 years
- Tuition fee
- Visa costs and costs for health insurance
- Budget to visit one seminar/conference in Europe
- Participation in the ‘Reach your full potential’ programme
Excellent students with a GPA of 80 percent or higher in a bachelor degree, and admitted to a Wageningen University MSc Programme.
Open to all African countries
How to Apply
- Applicants should send the Africa Scholarship Programme application form and a reference letter to [email protected].
- The reference letter should preferably originate from an African University which has (had) a partnership with Wageningen University within the last three years. Please be sure that the contact details of the reference are included.
- African students who want to start their study in September 2019 may be eligible for the scholarship.
- If you want to apply make sure to complete your MSc application before 1 February 2019.
Deadline: Application for Africa Scholarship Programme closes February 1st, 2020.