The Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan is offering Scholarships for African Students in Azerbaijan 2020 for Bachelor’s, Masters and Doctoral programmes to the citizens of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) countries (including South Africa) for the 2020/2021 academic year.
Azerbaijan, officially the Republic of Azerbaijan, is a landlocked country in the South Caucasus region of Eurasia at the crossroads of Eastern Europe and Western Asia. It is bounded by the Caspian Sea to the east, Russia to the north, Georgia to the northwest, Armenia to the west and Iran to the south. The exclave of Nakhchivan is bound by Armenia to the north and east, Iran to the south and west, and has an 11 km long border with Turkey in the northwest.
International scholarships and study opportunities open up possibilities for South African students who wish to pursue studies abroad, at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Studying abroad is an excellent way to expand your horizons, experience new things, meet people from all over the world and get an international education. The new skills you could gain, both in and out of the classroom can strengthen your potential contribution to society and even to a potential employer if you make the most of your experience. This opportunity is from The Department of Higher Education and Training for South Africans
Worth of Award
- Tuition fees
- International Flight (once a year, economy class)
- Monthly Stipend to the value of 800 AZN (which includes meals, accommodation and living expenses)
- Medical Insurance
- Visa and registration costs
- Citizen of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) countries (this includes South Africa)
- For undergraduate programmes applicants must be younger than 25 years old
- For Master’s programmes applicants must be younger than 30 years old
- For doctoral programmes applicants must be younger than 35 years old
How to Apply
- Applicants must complete the Scholarships for African Students in Azerbaijan 2020 Application Form and attach the required supporting documents, and submit to the Azerbaijani Embassy in Pretoria at 302 Albert Street, Waterkloof Ridge, Pretoria, 0181.
- Selection of applicants will include a review of applications and supporting documents, and an online or Skype interview.
Deadline: Application for Scholarships for African Students in Azerbaijan 2020 closes February 8th, 2020