East China Normal University is inviting applications for its Confucius Institute Scholarship (CIS) awards to international students for the 2019/2020 academic session.
For the purpose of cultivating qualified Chinese language teachers and facilitating the promotion of Chinese language and culture, the Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) launches “Confucius Institute Scholarship” (CIS) to support outstanding students, scholars and currently employed Chinese language teachers recommended by Confucius Institutes, independently operated Confucius Classrooms as well as some HSK test centers (hereinafter to be collectively referred to as “recommending institutions”) to study in Chinese universities and colleges (hereinafter referred to as “host institutions”).
East China Normal University (ECNU) is a comprehensive public research university in Shanghai. It was formed in 1951 by the merger of the Great China University founded in 1924 and Kwang Hua University (est. 1925) which had its ultimate origins in the St. John’s College established in the city in 1879. Its original role was to train teachers for secondary and higher education, as suggested in the name “Normal”, but very soon housed top-class researchers and evolved into an elite research-intensive university.
Worth of Award
- The Confucius Institute Scholarship provides full scholarship and partial scholarship.
- Full Scholarship consists of tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance and comprehensive medical insurance expenses;
- Partial scholarship covers tuition fee, accommodation fee, and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
The monthly allowance for undergraduates, one-academic-year study students and one-semester students is 2,500 CNY per person. F
- or MTCSOL student, the monthly allowance is 3,000 CNY per person. For PhDTCSOL student, the monthly allowance is 3,500 CNY per person.
All applicants should be:
- Non-Chinese citizens
- In good Physical and mental condition, well performed both academically and behaviorally
- Aspired to take future careers on the teaching or international promotion of Chinese language
- Between the ages of 16-35 on September 1st, 2019. Applicants currently worked as Chinese language teachers should not exceed the age limit of 45, while undergraduate students should not exceed the age limit of 25.
How to Apply
- For the application, please log on to the ECNU online application system and Confucius Institute Scholarships website to register, complete the Application Form online, and upload the scanned copies of relevant supporting documents.
- Contact Recommending Institutions
- Host institutions will review the eligibility of applicants (An interview is required for ECNU degree program applicants), and Hanban will conduct an overall assessment of all applications and admit applicants on the basis of competitive selection.
- After confirming with the successful applicants, host institutions will post the Admission documents. The copy of the scholarship certificate can be print out from the CIS website.
Deadline: Application closes May 20th, 2019