The University of Science and Technology Beijing in China invites international students to apply for its UTSB Chancellor Scholarship for the 2019/2020 academic session.
The University of Science and Technology Beijing (USTB) was founded in 1952 following the amalgamation of the best departments in related fields of five eminent universities as a result of a nationwide reorganization of the higher education system. Over half a century of remarkable growth, it has developed into one of the most influential key national universities sponsored by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
USTB is renowned for its study of metallurgy and materials science. Its main focus is on engineering; at the same time it maintains a balanced programme of science, management, humanities, economics and law.
Worth of Award
- Full Scholarship: Tuition fee,
- Accommodation on campus,
- Living allowance (Bachelor 2500CNY/month,
- Master 3000CNY/month,
- Doctorate 3500CNY/month),
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Applicants for bachelor degree, must have a high school graduation certificate and be between the age of 18 and 30.
- Applicants for a master degree must have a bachelor degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for a doctoral degree must have a master degree and be under the age of 45.
How to Apply
- Apply online, and pay the application fee. (onlineapply.ustb.edu.cn)
- Submit all documents to the International Student Center, USTB.
- Applicants for a bachelor degree(Chinese-taught), must attend the entrance exam. Remark: Application documents and fee will not be returned.
Two copies of application materials are required, one Original of Notarized and one Duplicate.
- Apply online and pay application fee(600CNY), then print; (onlineapply.ustb.edu.cn)
- Application Form of USTB Chancellor Scholarship (isc.ustb.edu.cn/cn/template.jsp?id=144)
- Certificates (degrees of bachelor and master, graduation of high school), must be Original of Notarized in Chinese or English;
- Remark: Students expecting to graduate should provide an official letter stating expected graduation date, then submit the degree certificate later if admitted;
Deadline: Application closes April 30th, 2019.