The prestigious University of Edinburgh is offering the Undergraduate Mathematics Scholarship to international undergraduate students for the 2019/2020 academic session.
The University as the centre of academic excellence aims to provide the highest-quality research-led teaching and learning; challenge the boundaries of knowledge, research and disciplines; enable our graduates and staff to be exceptional individuals equipped to address global challenges; promote good health, economic growth, cultural understanding and social well-being.
Scholarships are available to Mathematics students of outstanding ability from countries outside the European Union for the academic session.
Worth of Award
- The scholarships are worth either £1,000, £5,000 or £10,000 per year and are tenable for the duration of the programme of study, subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- A student is deemed to have made Satisfactory Progress in each year if there has been a formal School decision of either “Progress” or “Conditional Progression”, without the student needing to repeat a year.
- If a student does not make satisfactory progress in any one year, the award will terminate from that point onwards.
- Scholarships are awarded to applicants from countries outside the European Union who are accepted for full-time admission to an undergraduate degree programme offered by the School of Mathematics at the University of Edinburgh.
- The scholarship is not available to students already on programme.
- It is also not available to students studying Mathematics as part of a degree programme hosted by another School within the University.
- Applicants should have applied to the University of Edinburgh through the University and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) but do not need to have received an offer in order to begin the scholarship application process.
How to Apply
Applicants should download the application form from their website (see link below) and send their completed entry to [email protected]
Deadline: The deadline to apply for this scholarship is midnight GMT on March 31, 2019.