The University of Ashesi in Ghana is inviting applications from undergraduate students for its Master Card Foundation Scholars Program for the 2019/2020 academic session.
Ashesi is recognised as one of the finest universities in Africa, with an educational experience proven to successfully prepare students for rewarding lives and careers. Nearly 100% of Ashesi’s graduates receive job offers, start businesses or enter graduate school within six months of graduation.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is an initiative to educate and prepare young people – especially from Africa – to lead change and make a positive social impact in their communities. The Scholars Program at Ashesi will provide young Africans from economically disadvantaged communities who have demonstrated academic talent and leadership potential with access to quality and relevant education.
Worth of Award
- Tuition fee per semester is $4,068 and other fees $240 per year.
- In addition to these expenses, they recommend that students budget an additional minimum of $300 per semester to cover personal expenses and incidentals
- Ashesi’s admission process, therefore, looks for students who will not only make the best of Ashesi’s educational experience but will also be committed to strengthening it.
- Their admissions committee, therefore, places high importance on proof of academic ability – your high school transcripts, examination results, among others.
- Under Ghana’s accreditation requirements, students who apply to any university in the country must have a minimum grade of C6 or its equivalent, to be considered eligible.
In order for an application to stand out, prospective students must place an emphasis on sharing information with them that highlights their character and personality.
How to Apply
1. Completed application form, including personal essays.
2. High School transcripts or report cards for at least six terms.
3. One of the following examination results is required:
- West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE); Six subjects are used to calculate your standard WASSCE score: Integrated Science, Core Math, Core English and three electives. A minimum grade of C6 in each subject is required to apply.
- Six IGCSE (G.C.E. O-Level) passes including Mathematics, English, and Science are required together with at least three ‘A’ Level passes (with grade A-D)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- American / Canadian High School Diploma
- French Baccalaureate (a certified copy of the original score and a certified translated copy in English)
- Other equivalent exam results approved by the National Accreditation Board of Ghana.
- attracts an extra GHs50. We also do not accept scholarship and international applications for the Late Admissions period.
Note: Late application deadline August 22nd, 2019 attracts an extra GHs50.They also do not accept the scholarship and international applications for the Late Admissions period.
Deadline: Application closes June 27th, 2019.