The Emile-Boutmy undergraduate Scholarship opens for applications for international students to study at Science Po Research University in France in the 2019/2020 academic session.
Sciences Po created the Emile-Boutmy scholarship, named after the founder of Sciences Po (1871), in order to welcome the very best international students from outside the European Union. The Emile Boutmy Scholarship is awarded to top students whose profiles match the admissions priorities of Sciences Po and individual course requirements.
Science Po is an international research university, both selective and open to the world, ranking among the finest institutions in the fields of humanities and social sciences. Science Po’s overarching mission is to educate future leaders in the public and private sectors. However, its ambition extends even further: to educate open-minded and enlightened citizens capable of changing the world and transforming society.
Worth of Award
The Emile-Boutmy scholarship is awarded to students arriving at Sciences Po for their first year of studies. The Emile-Boutmy programme can take several different forms:
- A tuition grant of €7,300 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme, in addition to a grant to cover part of the cost of living of €5000 per year.
- A tuition grant of €7,300 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
- A tuition grant of €5,000 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
- A tuition grant of €3,000 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
- On an exceptional basis, a scholarship of 19,000€ may be granted to cover the three years of College. Scholarship amounts are decided during the different admission juries.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must be, first time applicants, from a non-European Union state, whose household does not file taxes within the European Union, and who have been admitted to the Undergraduate or Master’s programme.
Students who are not eligible are:
- Swiss and Norwegian applicants, since they may be entitled to CROUS scholarships
- Candidates who have dual citizenship, including an EU citizenship
- Candidates from Quebec for a bachelor’s degree are eligible
- Master’s level dual-degree candidates. Only applicants for the following dual degrees are eligible:
- the dual degree in Journalism Sciences Po/Columbia University
- the dual degree Sciences Po/Fudan University with the concentration Europe-Asia in Global Affairs (only applicants with Chinese nationality)
- the dual degree Sciences Po/Peking University (only applicants of Chinese nationality)
- PhD programme students (thesis)
- Candidates for the 1 year Master’s programmes
- Exchange students
How to Apply
- Students must indicate that they are applying for the Emile-Boutmy scholarship in the “Financial Information” section of their Sciences Po application.
- Students will also be required to include proof of income and documents explaining their family situation (e.g. income tax return for both parents, payslips, divorce certificate, unemployment benefits, documents related to alimony, child support or retirement pensions, death certificate…).
- Applicants must also attach, if applicable, their language test before the application deadline of the scholarship.
Note: The application deadline for the Emile-Boutmy master scholarship is closed
Deadline: Application closes April 8, 2019