The Emile-Boutmy undergraduate Scholarship opens for applications for international students to study at Science Po Research University in France in the 2019/2020 academic session.
Sciences Po created the Emile-Boutmy scholarship, named after the founder of Sciences Po (1871), in order to welcome the very best international students from outside the European Union. The Emile Boutmy Scholarship is awarded to top students whose profiles match the admissions priorities of Sciences Po and individual course requirements.
Science Po is an international research university, both selective and open to the world, ranking among the finest institutions in the fields of humanities and social sciences. Science Po’s overarching mission is to educate future leaders in the public and private sectors. However, its ambition extends even further: to educate open-minded and enlightened citizens capable of changing the world and transforming society.
Worth of Award
Grants are awarded by Sciences Po to students following the criteria as listed below:
- to students on the basis of family income
- when the cost of living in the country of destination is higher than the cost of living in Paris (the cost of living in Paris is estimated at 1000 euros per month).
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must be, first time applicants, from a non-European Union state, whose household does not file taxes within the European Union, and who have been admitted to the Undergraduate or Master’s programme.
Students who are not eligible are:
- Swiss and Norwegian applicants, since they may be entitled to CROUS scholarships
- Candidates who have dual citizenship, including an EU citizenship
- Candidates from Quebec for a bachelor’s degree are eligible
- Exchange students
- The Emile-Boutmy scholarship may not be combined with other scholarship (Eiffel scholarship, AEFE scholarship, BGF…).
- This scholarship is awarded based on merit and according to the type of profile sought for this programme. Social criteria are also taken into account.
- This scholarship is not automatically awarded: candidates must indicate their wish to apply directly in their online bachelor application form.
- The Admissions Department is responsible for awarding Emile-Boutmy scholarships. The scholarship request will only be taken into account if you are admitted to one of our eligible programmes
How to Apply
- Students must indicate that they are applying for the Emile-Boutmy scholarship in the “Financial information” section of their Sciences Po application.
- Students will also be required to include proof of income and documents explaining their family situation (e.g. income tax return for both parents, payslips, divorce certificate, unemployment benefits, documents related to alimony, child support or retirement pensions, death certificate…).
- Applicants must also attach, if applicable, their language test before the application deadline of the scholarship.
Deadline: Deadline for the undergraduate programme is April 8, 2019