The Faculty of Health Sciences at The American University of Beirut (AUB) is inviting applications for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program for students for the 2019/2020 academic session open to both to national and international students.
The American University of Beirut (AUB) and The MasterCard Foundation have partnered to provide scholarships to prospective undergraduate students at FHS. The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at AUB aims to prepare young people to be agents of change in their communities, countries, and regions.
With its strong base on education and research, and over 100 years of experience, the Faculty of Health Sciences is committed to a vision and a role that set a model for academic public health in the region, and redefine leadership as a commitment to lead by example. The Faculty thrives to be an advocate for public health as much as a leader and a path setter in public health education and research.
Worth of Award
- Opportunities for financial aid are available for qualified graduate students at FHS in the form of Graduate Assistantships (GA ) and Graduate Scholarships, and other sources of funding such as research grants (when available).
- A limited number of partial or full scholarships are available for students from Lebanon and the Arab region interested in the MPH and MS programs at the Faculty of Health Sciences.
- Full scholarships cover tuition and related academic expenses, travel to and from country of residence, and basic living expenses.
- Partial scholarships provide financial support for a range of these expenses.
Other Categories of awards include:
- Need-based financial aid: AUB offers financial aid to qualified students in the form of need-based financial aid grants and loans. Any student applying for admission may ask to be considered for financial aid, but only those students who have been accepted for admission and those whose families demonstrate financial need may receive awards. Priority is given to undergraduate students seeking their first bachelor degree. Graduate students may apply but may not receive more than 20 percent of their tuition if eligible.
- AUB Graduate Assistantship (GA): Graduate assistantships cover partial or full tuition of the student in return for a specific number of work hours per week. Recipients are selected on the basis of their academic record and departmental needs.
The application for graduate assistantship is part of the online application and can be found under the “Financial Aid” section.
- FHS Graduate Scholarship: A limited number of partial or full scholarships are available for students from Lebanon and the Arab region interested in the MPH and MS programs at the Faculty of Health Sciences. Full scholarships cover tuition and related academic expenses, travel to and from country of residence, and basic living expenses. Partial scholarships provide financial support for a range of these expenses.
- Applicants can only be considered for scholarship once they are accepted on a regular basis (not “on probation”) in the Graduate Public Health Program.
- Scholarships are awarded to applicants for the Fall semester of every academic year. Scholarships are not awarded for Spring admissions.
- Scholarships are awarded to new students admitted into the Graduate Public Health Program. Currently enrolled GPHP students are not eligible for scholarship.
Applicants to the FHS scholarships are required to submit the English test results (TOEFL, IELTS, or EEE) along with their scholarship application. Applicants who pass the English Language Proficiency Requirements (ELPR) by getting the required scores on either EEE, TOEFL or IELTS tests are given priority for the awarding of scholarships and that is IF they were also shortlisted for the selected scholarship.
How to Apply
- The scholarship application is part of the online graduate application (Financial Aid section).
- Students interested to apply to any of the FHS graduate scholarships should first fill the online application including the Financial Aid section, choose the scholarship scheme of their interest and then submit the online application (including the scholarship application) along with all the required documents.
- Interested applicants may apply to ONLY ONE FHS scholarship scheme.
- A scholarship application missing any of the required documents is unlikely to be considered.
Deadline: Application closes March 18, 2019